What's cooking Labor Day Monday September 7, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am making pork chops but not quite sure how.

Whats cooking or Qing at your house?

chicken legs with mashed potatoes and some kind of vegie. Mine with be with bbq sauce and Mark's will have a seasoned coating.... tossed salad to start things off.

In the oven right now: Tons of Blueberry Coffee Cake

Later DH will be grilling hamburgers basted with his aunts BBQ sauce. We will have corn on the cob and baked beans as sides.

I dunno. Might number the shelves and freezer shelves, roll some dice and create from whatever turns up.
Could be scary.

I've got some grouper, coconut, macadamia nuts - they seem like they'll go well together.

Football food here. Going with bourbon jalapeno chicken wings, farmers sausage, crackers, cheese, pickles, oysters, chips, veggies and dip. OMG, I almost forgot...TUMS!

For some strange reason, I want to make soup. Probably because it has been windy and cool the last few days. This weekend I bought a bag of potatoes, so I think I will make some potato soup. I also bought some whole grain bread, from Whole Foods, that will be good with soup.

I smoked some huge racks of beef ribs today, and we'll have beans, macaroni salad and biscuits

I smoked some huge racks of beef ribs today, and we'll have beans, macaroni salad and biscuits
yum.gif
I wish I could be there! That sounds awesome!

I dunno. Might number the shelves and freezer shelves, roll some dice and create from whatever turns up.
Could be scary.

LOL:ROFLMAO:

I have Chicken and Rice in the oven now. I found a recipe on another site and changed it to suit me. I added dried onion and celery flakes, a little sage to the chicken broth. I also lightly floured and browned the chicken first. I think I will have Peas with it.

Last edited:
Dinner:

Pork chops with sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, caraway seeds, fennel seeds and pork gravy.

img_849449_0_ec5e1cd0459ed8dcf0f4da4e1742a28a.jpg

img_849449_1_2dda32db8b115eaf4cfc96f2475e59bf.jpg

I think our Labor Day menu was a bit weird, but hey, it was good. Panzanella salad and a rosemary, chicken, pasta salad. The pasta salad was really ugly and looked really bland. However, it was packed with flavor and REALLY good. I just wish it didn't look so ugly! :LOL:

had a fish/veggie friend over for dinner. what's better than a Thai Green Curry with fresh veg and fish over brown rice? yum

Dinner:

Pork chops with sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, caraway seeds, fennel seeds and pork gravy.

img_849506_0_ec5e1cd0459ed8dcf0f4da4e1742a28a.jpg

img_849506_1_2dda32db8b115eaf4cfc96f2475e59bf.jpg
Wow, those are thick pork chops? Do you get them from a local butcher or a supermarket? They look super, yummy! I'm still on the fence as to whether I like sauerkraut or not, but I'm sure it added a delicious taste to your dinner.

Did you bake, fry or grill your pork chops. How did you do the vegies? It looks like you browned the pork chops and then baked everything in the oven.

Wow, those are thick pork chops? Do you get them from a local butcher or a supermarket? They look super, yummy! I'm still on the fence as to whether I like sauerkraut or not, but I'm sure it added a delicious taste to your dinner.

Did you bake, fry or grill your pork chops. How did you do the vegies? It looks like you browned the pork chops and then baked everything in the oven.
thank you VB. i got the chops at the supermarket. i posted the recipe here. give me a minute and i will update with pics and post the link in a few.

Back
Top Bottom