What's cooking Monday 4/25/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salad with homemade cajun-spiced ranch dressing, the leftover chicken strips from dinner a few nights ago, currants and chopped pecans.

Tonight it will be fire grilled shrimp and scallop kebobs brushed with butter and seasoned with Tajin. We'll also have a grill basket of marinated veggies..mushrooms/red bell pepper/white onion leaves/sugar snap peas/artichoke hearts/asparagus. SC will have some Tater Tots.

Lots of grillin' going on this evening! Not for me, though. It's waaay too windy. I'll be having the last of the split pea soup with a small side salad. :yum:

Ended up with salad (greens, bacon, egg, black olives, mozz, tomatoes), pureed cauliflower soup (I sprinkled a little bit of Spice House "Lake Shore Seasonings" on mine), and liverwurst sandwiches on toasted rye bread with Plochman's mustard, tomato, and lettuce. Ate it in shifts. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-04-25 20.47.28.jpg
    2016-04-25 20.47.28.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 197
Have fun with that, roadfix! :LOL:

We went to a special exhibit at the Botanical Garden - Lantern Asia, from China. Gorgeous lantern art lit up at night. So we had an early (for us - 6 pm) dinner of leftover smoked ribs and baked beans with fresh salads. Here's a taste of the exhibit.

Attachments

• 1461635459314.jpg
    1461635459314.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 186
Tonight it will be fire grilled shrimp and scallop kebobs brushed with butter and seasoned with Tajin. We'll also have a grill basket of marinated veggies..mushrooms/red bell pepper/white onion leaves/sugar snap peas/artichoke hearts/asparagus. SC will have some Tater Tots.

Slight change from the early plan as it turned out too windy to grill here also.
I used my new square griddle for the kebobs and they were done perfectly. Although I've been resisting the low carb fried rice made with riced cauliflower (not my favorite veg.), it was surprisingly delicious! SC was impressed! That's about all it takes to keep me a happy cook.:wub:

img_1464395_0_2cb657822569c2afbd13d1edb9138817.jpg

By the way James, it was your video than convinced me that nasty cauliflower could be really good "fried rice". I'm a believer now. ;)

Thank you for the very nice comment! Honestly comments like this are what keep me making videos.

It's not a bad vegetable it's just cooked that way! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a few more low carb things with cauliflower and some other ingredients that I need to film. Just need more time.

Pork loin with gravy, roasted russet taters, steamed asparagus with butter and lemon juice.

Excuse me, I may have to burp.

.......pass out

It's a little late now.

Turkey dinner. That really hit the spot. Have been missing home cooked meals

Now that's it's Tuesday. Leftover Turkey dinner.
And they will like it. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom