What's cooking Monday August 31, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
well my oven is finally fixed. the broiler flames were to short and bake was taking to long to heat up and taking to long to cook. we needed a regulator and 2 igniters (sp). i was in a car accident last week and the car has been in the shop for a week and still hasn't been inspected by the insurance company. things just keep going wrong.

i have no clue whats cooking. i will try to get to the store for something to bake and/or broil!! LOL

whats cooking at your house?

our favorite Mexican dishes

Im sorry to hear about your accident,,.hope uare fine now...well, tonight my nieces and nephews are coming over for dinner..so we are having Shredded Beef Chimichanga...smalller individual chimaganga for the kids coz its fun for them to eat,..in doing it oven-fried to lessen the fat:LOL:...and some nachos with bean dip for the appetizers...my sister makes a mean choco fudge cake so thats for dessert. :chef:..im preparing the food ahead of time...lolz

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.allaboutmexicanfood.com

Im sorry to hear about your accident,,.hope uare fine now...well, tonight my nieces and nephews are coming over for dinner..so we are having Shredded Beef Chimichanga...smalller individual chimaganga for the kids coz its fun for them to eat,..in doing it oven-fried to lessen the fat:LOL:...and some nachos with bean dip for the appetizers...my sister makes a mean choco fudge cake so thats for dessert. :chef:..im preparing the food ahead of time...lolz

hey ms. m., hope you are feeling better!

and I am right there with you in not knowing what's for dinner...

have been canning 4 consecutive days now, not my normal procedure, I usually take a day off in between to clean the jars and get them situated in their new home, but they are still all lined up in the canning center...

and today i am hosting a lunch for friends, so have been cleaning and cooking/baking for that..

will probably do what I've done the past few dinners; through together some odd ball items and call it supper..

I'm in the midst of doing laundry. If it was just the regular laundry day it would be fine but I hope to get all the quilts and bedding washed that we brought home from my in-laws (3 army duffle bags worth) as well. Since most of my time will be upstairs, I'll probably just throw together some spaghetti and garlic bread. I'm really in the mood for chicken and dumplings but don't think I'll have the time today.

hey ms. m., hope you are feeling better!

and I am right there with you in not knowing what's for dinner...

have been canning 4 consecutive days now, not my normal procedure, I usually take a day off in between to clean the jars and get them situated in their new home, but they are still all lined up in the canning center...

and today i am hosting a lunch for friends, so have been cleaning and cooking/baking for that..

will probably do what I've done the past few dinners; through together some odd ball items and call it supper..
thank you beth. yup i think it will be pasta here also.

Hope you're ok, msmofet!

Probably something quick tonight - I'm thinking crunchy grilled cheese and some fresh fruit. I'm in the mood for brownies, so I'll probably bake up a pan of those for dessert. :)

Hope you're ok, msmofet!

Probably something quick tonight - I'm thinking crunchy grilled cheese and some fresh fruit. I'm in the mood for brownies, so I'll probably bake up a pan of those for dessert. :)
thank you.

hmmmmmmmmmm now i want a grilled cheese plain or with bacon and/or tomato.

Msmofet, still have bumps and bruises? I have ached for days after a minor car wreck. (we wont talk about major ones)
Making meat sauce for some homemade spaghetti today as well as laundry. It must be wash the blankets and make pasta, monday.

well my oven is finally fixed. the broiler flames were to short and bake was taking to long to heat up and taking to long to cook. we needed a regulator and 2 igniters (sp). i was in a car accident last week and the car has been in the shop for a week and still hasn't been inspected by the insurance company. things just keep going wrong.

i have no clue whats cooking. i will try to get to the store for something to bake and/or broil!! LOL

whats cooking at your house?

Sorry to hear about your accident, I am so glad that you are alright.
Tonight we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes. For dessert we had apple pie.

Sorry to hear about your accident, I am so glad that you are alright.
Tonight we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes. For dessert we had apple pie.
thank you.
everything sounds good!! i want meatloaf, taters, gravy, corn, spinach, beef pot pie and grilled cheese!!

btw i only slept 2 hours in the last 2 days and haven't eaten yet today. LOL

i am marinating a chuck 7-bone steak, i made tomato salad (will be served with crusty round loaf of bread to dip in juice) and bi-colored corn to go with.

Linguine, carrots, peas and roasted garlic with an Emmantaller cheese sauce.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 147
Wonderful meal last night!! Bluefish is in season & the market had both lovely whole fish & filets. Bought one nice filet for myself, & an equally lovely flounder filet for hubby, since he'd rather eat worms & die than dine on Bluefish.

For hubby I slathered the flounder with mayonnaise, then sprinkled on a shredded Italian cheese blend (Mozzarella, Asiago, Parmesan, etc.) & some dried oregano. For myself I topped the bluefish with some Trader Joe's "Green Olive Tapenade", feta cheese, & crushed red pepper flakes. Baked both filets at 400 degrees for 20 minutes & served both with a side of ruby swiss chard sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil with garlic & pine nuts.

I'm making a beef pot pie.. Mark seems to love that. I'm also going to have cooked cabbage on the side.
This was our dinner, minus the cabbage. I thought I had some, but didn't. I ran out last night and got a few groceries. Tonight, he's getting leftovers with cabbage or salad.

img_848351_0_aca9494e889eaa87bb4f7cb12a1aed2e.jpg

img_848351_1_6cabaed1d8cbf2c08167ba93b2ee3ca7.jpg

img_848351_2_54ea602c3ce7acfc68c97159f3544e05.jpg

This was our dinner, minus the cabbage. I thought I had some, but didn't. I ran out last night and got a few groceries. Tonight, he's getting leftovers with cabbage or salad.

img_848383_0_aca9494e889eaa87bb4f7cb12a1aed2e.jpg

img_848383_1_6cabaed1d8cbf2c08167ba93b2ee3ca7.jpg

img_848383_2_54ea602c3ce7acfc68c97159f3544e05.jpg

I just love your crusts on your pies!! Very nice VB :)

Don't tell anyone but we finished work very late and sneaked into McDonalds for a Double cheeseburger, fries and a coke :-p

I don't like weekdays because I never get enough time to cook what I would like :(

Back
Top Bottom