What's cooking Monday December 28, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i have some chop meat leftover from the package i started last night. so maybe some meat sauce and wagon wheel pasta or burgers again not sure. or maybe i will just order sammies and/or pizza!!

what about you?

Have beans in the crock pot after a quick soak (boiled a couple of times, then sat for a bit, then drained and rinsed), started the rest of the ham in some water while starting the beans. Then strained the ham stock into the beans in the crockpot, cleaned the bones, put them back in, cleaned up the meat (will put those in the beans at the end), and am making more ham stock with the rest of the meat pieces too gristly/fatty/small to deal with. I added half an onion, some celery and carrots to that. I'll strain it later, put in fridge to get fat off, then freeze in smaller portions for use later this winter.
Will probably make cornbread to go with the beans tonight.
beans and cornbread...

I roasted a chicken this weekend for a family members picky child who didn't eat ham; who then decided he loved ham. So I made broth last night and will be making chicken noodle soup tonight.

I am using up the last of the Christmas leftovers today and with DH working our main meal is lunch, so it is:
Me - hot turkey sandwich and brussel sprouts
DH - hot turkey sandwich with his gluten free stuffing instead of bread, and ham on the side
Dad - ham with salad and pineapple rings

For dinner Dad and I will probably just have soup with cheese and crackers.

We're having a sushi making party tonight. I have crab, shrimp, scallops, cucumber, egg pancake and sushi rice. Someone else is bringing the nori.

Anyone remember the proportions of sugar and vinegar to add to the rice? I can't find it.

Anyone remember the proportions of sugar and vinegar to add to the rice? I can't find it.

This is what we used at the catering company and at school:
3 cups rice
3 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup rice vinegar
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

BTW, what time is dinner? :LOL::LOL:

MSN?

Well, I have lots of leftover ham.. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I've got eggs, so the obvious choice is omlettes or something.. but I really have to be in the mood to eat eggs, and I'm definitly not in that mood right now. :( So, I'm still staring bleakly at the ham trying to figure out something that sounds better than eggs. Ideas??

I think I might have figured it out.. Spaghetti carbonara with ham instead of bacon/pancetta. :) The Husband is going to pick me up some cream on his way home and I'm good to go. :)

Well, I have lots of leftover ham.. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I've got eggs, so the obvious choice is omlettes or something.. but I really have to be in the mood to eat eggs, and I'm definitly not in that mood right now. :( So, I'm still staring bleakly at the ham trying to figure out something that sounds better than eggs. Ideas??

Nope!

We had scrambled eggs with ham, and buttered toast..

My GF's daughter is home for the hoidays, so we're taking her out this evening for some drinks, appetizers and a few games of pool. Now if I can just figue out what to do with all of this leftover ham!:LOL:

Hey thanks for the recipe help on the sushi rice guys. I talked to my sister and its 1tbsp each of vinegar and sugar per cup of rice. Whew. Rice is prepped, scallops and shrimp are ready to go. I forgot the avocado dang it but I'll survive.

Extra Crispy Oven Baked Oriental BBQ Chicken Wings.

Mmmmm, sounds great Selkie. Care to share your recipe? I buy crispy oriental wings from a food stand at a market in south Baltimore that are just great, but have never been able to duplicate them at home.

Linguine and meatballs

img_868217_0_c546a489ed3502819cf087f7c7c94e93.jpg

img_868217_1_9805d15c65706c0ba4083c13fe751436.jpg

We are going to have "Dinosaur BarBQ" Carolina sandwiches (pulled smoked pork shoulder with Dinosaur BarBQ sauce, original for me, Wango Tango for Hubby, topped with homemade coleslaw on homemade hamburger buns), fresh cut french fries & salad. It will almost be like being at The Dinosaur BarBQue in Syracuse, NY but without the snow & cold Sol instead of Bud Light. For dessert, I made more gingerbread man cookies & sugar cookies.

Hey thanks for the recipe help on the sushi rice guys. I talked to my sister and its 1tbsp each of vinegar and sugar per cup of rice. Whew. Rice is prepped, scallops and shrimp are ready to go. I forgot the avocado dang it but I'll survive.

If I promise to bring the avocado will you invite me to dinner? ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom