What's cooking Saturday October 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing prepared at home tonight, we were invited to have dinner at middle eastern friends' house. Had grilled chicken and lamb kabobs with vegetables, basmati rice, some dish with chick peas, yougurt sauce, for dessert coconut cake and pumpkin pie. Very tasty and spicy.

I'm sorry Patty. I hope your Mom enjoys her visit with you and dinner!

Thank you. She only ate about 1/2 of the Taco, and complained it was spicy!!! She ate 2 mini banana chocolate chip muffins, only because she forgot she ate the first one. We are having a hard time getting her to eat, she says she has no appetite. I tried to explain to her that if she didn't eat she would end up in the hospital again. She has been there 4 times this year. If anyone has experienced this and has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. She only ate about 1/2 of the Taco, and complained it was spicy!!! She ate 2 mini banana chocolate chip muffins, only because she forgot she ate the first one. We are having a hard time getting her to eat, she says she has no appetite. I tried to explain to her that if she didn't eat she would end up in the hospital again. She has been there 4 times this year. If anyone has experienced this and has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Patty, before I went to culinary arts school, I was a nurse for 12 years. I worked in Alzheimer and dementia units for 4 of those years. If you would like me to PM you I will. Or you can PM me.

Sorry you are going through this, and sorry I'm just responding. I know a lady on another site that has a similar problem. I don't think her father has been diagnosed yet, but they think he has early stages of Alzheimers. She has a hard time getting him to even bathe, and he takes the car without telling her where he's going. It seems that she is a constant nervous wreck. Her situation is different in that she lives with him. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions. The only thing I can say is that maybe ask her doctor for some help on the eating problem. My thoughts are with you! Huggs!

This is basically what we had last night. This is picture is not of that cottage pie, but it had almost the same ingredients. Last night's pie had little homemade meatballs and no breadcrumbs on top.
img_857263_0_741e518a1e2d205f4a88feef2c980c84.jpg

Yesterday was the last day of our local market's lobster sale ($6.99/pound!!!!), so I couldn't resist picking up two more (we've been having our own "lobster fest" this past week) & trying my hand at an absolutely scrumptious "Lobster Bisque". Boy, was it good. Rich, heavy-cream artery-hardening, sherry-laced goodness with an absolutely fabulous from-scratch lobster stock base & studded with chunks of lobster. Nothing else was necessary besides a green salad & some crusty bread.

This is basically what we had last night. This is picture is not of that cottage pie, but it had almost the same ingredients. Last night's pie had little homemade meatballs and no breadcrumbs on top.
img_857368_0_741e518a1e2d205f4a88feef2c980c84.jpg
yummy!

We ended up shooting the show on Saturday, so we feasted...

Pan seared tuna steak with a port wine and tarragon reduction
Cannelini with green onions and smoked pork belly
Steamed asparagus with hollandaise (and, I must say, it was the best hollandaise I've ever made. I really nailed it for the camera)

Even one of my extras, who doesn't even like fish, pigged out. :D

Back
Top Bottom