What's Cooking Sunday 6/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LPBeier said:
Sorry, Snip, didn't see this before but Dawgluver gave a very apt description. Growing up as a kid in, well, Saskatoon, I thought that these were OUR berries - kind of like a little secret. The truth is, they grow better in Ontario and Quebec than on the prairies! Go figure!

We summered in Ontario when I was a kid, the Saskatoons grew all over, along with wild blueberries later in the season. Yum!

I have no idea what we're having. Will have to cruise the freezer, perhaps grilled swai with ginger cilantro sauce. It finally stopped raining, for now.

Last edited:
For a late lunch for the kids I am making egg salad sandwiches on a home made whole wheat french loaf, with potato wedges. I think dinner is going to be out tonight as this is the last night that my Mother will be in town. I did offer to cook salmon anyway she wants but my kids want to go out with their Grandma.

We went out for lunch after church so it will be a light supper here. I gave DH a choice of wings or hot dogs and he chose dogs. I'll heat up some chili sauce for them, have some baked beans and homemade coleslaw. I'll also be making some rice this evening for tomorrow's stir fry.

I'm going with Thai Curry again. This time, I'm making basmati rice and I'm going to use coconut oil to saute the veggies. Might add some coconut milk and sprinkle some toasted coconut on top...DH had to run to get more plumbing stuff (day 5 of the well repair...), and he picked up some more fresh okra. I will swap zucchini for the eggplant, maybe add some oyster mushrooms (dehydrated--need to rehydrate them).

Hi everyone .. dinner tonight will be stir-fry chicken and broccoli served over rice. Homemade peach pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream will be dessert.

We'll eat the last of the corn-on-the-cob that we froze from last year's garden. (This year's corn is nearly ready and soooooo are we.:LOL:)

Katie, is there anything special to freeze the corn-on-the-cob or just shuck, freeze and bag/wrap?

We had chicken leg quarters on the grill and salads. Spent the day shopping for benches and cushions for the back yard and I wasn't in the mood to cook anything too complicated. :)

I tried to freeze corn on the cob before. Someone on the internet kept saying it comes out pretty close to the fresh product. It didn't.

Maybe Katie blanches hers first? I'd love to hear how she does it, also. I must have been missing something, but then I left mine in the husk because that is how I always grill it.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 193
I did half cajun and half BBQ, which is basically just sauced (SBR vidalia hickory). The cajun wings got the nod. I'll be making those again next time.
I better grab some banana walnut ice cream with Hershey's syrup to round things out :angel:

Burgers on the grill outside with leftover pasta ranch salad from last nights get neighborhood get together.

Yummy!! I like that idea better then pot pie. I will have to keep that in mind to make in my 1 1/2 qt. crock pot.:chef:
it was good!! I got the idea from my Mom. Her SO loves chicken-n-noodles. Almost the same thing as what I made, but the only adds sauteed onion.

No Cooking here today. Taking youngest son out for chinese for his birthday. He love this place as do all of us so I'm looking fordard to the hot deepfreid scallops,sweet and sour prawms mu shu pork, fried rice mixed noodles with veggies pork

happy birthday to your boy, kads.

v-bean, your dinner looks good and hearty. i could go for some home cooking like that.

we went down the shore again today. dropped a few lines in the water, won a bunch of stuff on the boardwalk, the best thing being a spongebob stovepipe hat.

dinner was on the boardwalk. we shared a pot of steamed ipswich clams and a huge salad, then dw had a softshell crab sandwich, my boy had a chili cheese dog, and i had a sausage n peppers n onions.

that's all i had all day, and i've been (mostly) awake since noon on saturday, so i'm hungry again. i think i'll go get a souvlaki, fries, and salad.

Back
Top Bottom