What's cooking Sunday July 19, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ham and provolone, beef and cheddar, grilled eggplant and jack,with grilled zucchini on soft french rolls or thick cut rye and then there will be sliced tomatoes, bib lettuce,onions,cucumbers, avocados,peppers, mayo, mustard,horseradish and a Panini press..Tortellini salad with pesto and tomatoes and red onion, Yukon gold and green beans,red onion dressed with evoo and red wine vinegar and for son in law a cucumber salad with mayo and sour cream,dill lemon juice...Desserts brownies with cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream..and I'm done:LOL:
kadesma

Last edited:
This morning I browned some ground beef with salt, melange of peppers, onion powder, and tomato/olive pesto. I plan to use it with noodles or some form of pasta for supper. I will either use it as a topping on top of the noodles or mix it in with the pasta.

Okay, I'm supposed to be on my way to bed and now you've made me all hungry. Sounds fantastic!

<tummy rumbles>

Ham and provolone, beef and cheddar, grilled eggplant and jack,with grilled zucchini on soft french rolls or thick cut rye and then there will be sliced tomatoes, bib lettuce,onions,cucumbers, avocados,peppers, mayo, mustard,horseradish and a Panini press..Tortellini salad with pesto and tomatoes and red onion, Yukon gold and green beans,red onion dressed with evoo and red wine vinegar and for son in law a cucumber salad with mayo and sour cream,dill lemon juice...Desserts brownies with cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream..and I'm done:LOL:
kadesma

we are having two dinners today:mrgreen:

the boys are expected back mid afternoon from their motorcycle rally in TN, at which time we will have some corn chowder, garlic bread and chocolate ice cream with roasted pecans...

then a few hours later, we will be sitting around a campfire roasting hot dogs and potatoes:)

my older girl want mac and cheese with tuna. so i got the family size blue box 4 cheese dinner. i am going to heat and melt the cheese pouch with canned drained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup (no water or milk added unless needed to thin a bit), a bit of sour cream and some fresh grated white vermont cheddar and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. then cook the pasta and add some sweet baby peas in the last minute of cooking. drain and add to the cheese mixture and stir, then add a can of solid white albacore in water (drained and flaked) and stir.

my older girl want mac and cheese with tuna. so i got the family size blue box 4 cheese dinner. i am going to heat and melt the cheese pouch with canned drained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup (no water or milk added unless needed to thin a bit), a bit of sour cream and some fresh grated white vermont cheddar and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. then cook the pasta and add some sweet baby peas in the last minute of cooking. drain and add to the cheese mixture and stir, then add a can of solid white albacore in water (drained and flaked) and stir.
I could actually have that... 'cept I don't have any mushrooms, but that's okay. Mark doesn't like them. Do you bake your dish in the oven at all?

The only thing is I still have filling leftover from the peppers last night.
hmm.gif
I'm not sure what to do, since I was thinking chicken also.

I could actually have that... 'cept I don't have any mushrooms, but that's okay. Mark doesn't like them. Do you bake your dish in the oven at all?

The only thing is I still have filling leftover from the peppers last night.
hmm.gif
I'm not sure what to do, since I was thinking chicken also.

no i don't bake it as no one likes the tuna cooked but you can top with bread crumbs seasoned with salt, black pepper, ground hot pepper flakes and a bit of grated cheddar, rom and parm cheeses and bake.

if you want the mac and cheese tonight you can freeze pepper filling as is (which would be nice added to a beef soup) or add tomato sauce for later use served over pasta. if chicken is thawed you can always poach it for later use save the cooking broth for later use also.

Spaghetti w/Meatballs, Italian Green Beans, Garlic Bread and Peach Pie.

Rescued Roast!
I managed to produce a rather dry beef roast last night.
However, when shredded down and mixed in with pan drippings and mushroom
gravy, it became really good.

So tonight, said rescued roast is going into a PASTY. Or my version...
Gonna get some ready made dough, add the meat, some taters and onions,
bit of cheese, fold the dough over and bake.
Will serve with a nice salad and a Black and Tan beer.

my older girl want mac and cheese with tuna. so i got the family size blue box 4 cheese dinner. i am going to heat and melt the cheese from the pouch with canned drained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup (no water or milk added unless needed to thin a bit), a bit of sour cream and some fresh grated white vermont cheddar and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. then cook the pasta and add some sweet baby peas in the last minute of cooking. drain and add to the cheese mixture and stir, then add a can of solid white albacore in water (drained and flaked) and stir.

img_837208_0_e51adf6acb895bab51fe543eeab8e9fa.jpg

Chicken with hot pickled peppers and olives over rice.

Sounds delish, Andy!

Just Dad and I and the heat again so I think it will be cold plate featuring macaroni salad (instead of potato this time), cold roast beef and Italian salami, green salad and fresh fruit.

We're having leftover roast beef from last night. I'm sauteeing some onions and peppers to serve with it over grits cakes. There are green beans leftover as well, but I finished off the soup for lunch. We'll have a salad tonight instead.

I was going to have tortellini mixed with pesto, salami, and Gorgonzola cheese, but it was too hot to cook tonight. So, I had Top Ramen instead. Sheesh!! It was not that appetizing, but at least it got me out of the kitchen quickly.

I was going to have tortellini mixed with pesto, salami, and Gorgonzola cheese, but it was too hot to cook tonight. So, I had Top Ramen instead. Sheesh!! It was not that appetizing, but at least it got me out of the kitchen quickly.

Your original choice sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom