What's cooking TGIFriday July 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ostrich burger sans bread. plenty of steak sauce.
img_836666_0_6169f168f61a5945069755720eb8e47c.gif

I was going to make something with ground beef, but it's just tooooo warm here (90 F). So, I'm making garden salad... italian dressing. For dessert, coconut-mandarin parfaits.... fat-free, no less!

I tried a recipe for "Cinnamon Tofu and Sweet Potatoes". It looked promising but the combination didn't work for me.

Attachments

• Photo_071709_002.jpg
    Photo_071709_002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 169
roast pork egg fooey, pork fried rice and egg roll.

Chicken thighs (skinless/boneless) cooked on a bed of baby spinach leaves, red onion (slices and chunks), Kalamata olives (pitted), cherry tomato (halved), artichoke heart leaves (ran out!!), sliced cloves of garlic (x 3), fair whack of (medium) sherry, drizzled with EVOO, S&P, dried parsley and ground paprika (sort of) roasted in the oven for an hour. All served over rice and a dribble of cream.

Tasted good but not as nice as previously - in part, I under-seasoned cos of the different olives I used (upped the quality and they aren't as salty). Used a pyrex dish last night instead of an alfoil dish which also changed the cooking. My can of artichoke hearts that I was going to use had perished so I only had two little baby quarters to spread thru 5 thighs!! :-(

Back
Top Bottom