What's cooking TGIFriday July 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
whats cookin'?

good question i don't have a clue but it will involve mac and cheese.

alas...

...not a thing, I did all my cooking for the week the last few days. I get to take leftovers for my work lunches, though.

We had a creamed chicken sauce over pasta, beef stew and beef enchiladas...with a couple of breakfast meals tossed in there.

whats cookin'?

good question i don't have a clue but it will involve mac and cheese.

...not a thing, I did all my cooking for the week the last few days. I get to take leftovers for my work lunches, though.

We had a creamed chicken sauce over pasta, beef stew and beef enchiladas...with a couple of breakfast meals tossed in there.
creamed chicken sauce? did you post a pic and/or a recipe? sounds interesting.

Mystery Chicken Dish

Well, near as I can tell the chicken was raw and diced, I had marinated it in fresh basil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and olive oil and then I put it in the freezer without writing on the lid what it was or what it was for. Hard to tell after it was thawed.

I browned it, added garlic and kosher salt, stirred in some flour, water and added milk to sauce it. Served it over spaghetti and sauteed zucchini with mozzerella on top. It was quite good and had a distinct Italian flavor.

I love mystery meals from the freezer, one of these days I'll learn to label things.

creamed chicken sauce? did you post a pic and/or a recipe? sounds interesting.

msmofet - You are without a doubt, incorrigible. But I like you because of that :)

Stop being so obvious though, as I don't want the mods to start pushing you into places I'd have to search to find you at At :)

Bob

well, the boys just left for a motorcycle rally in TN and I am left with a bunch of leftovers....

grilled hamburgers
fresh broccoli salad...will have some for breakfast too
chocolate ice cream
blueberry pie
one happy camper here...

Well, near as I can tell the chicken was raw and diced, I had marinated it in fresh basil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and olive oil and then I put it in the freezer without writing on the lid what it was or what it was for. Hard to tell after it was thawed.

I browned it, added garlic and kosher salt, stirred in some flour, water and added milk to sauce it. Served it over spaghetti and sauteed zucchini with mozzerella on top. It was quite good and had a distinct Italian flavor.

I love mystery meals from the freezer, one of these days I'll learn to label things.
LOL i have done that but with cooked food. then i got tired of doing the scrap and taste the mystery meat slushy!!

msmofet - You are without a doubt, incorrigible. But I like you because of that :)

Stop being so obvious though, as I don't want the mods to start pushing you into places I'd have to search to find you at At :)

Bob
stop confusing me!! i have no clue what i said this time!! :LOL:

well, the boys just left for a motorcycle rally in TN and I am left with a bunch of leftovers....

grilled hamburgers
chocolate ice cream
blueberry pie
one happy camper here...
i put olive oil and lemon juice on my broccoli salad (and string bean salad). are you gonna throw the broc in eggs or just straight?

grilled hamburgers
chocolate ice cream
blueberry pie
one happy camper here...

You may be calling those "leftovers".

Me? I call thems good eats :)

Just plan on sharing if you are close enough.

Bob

How come when I suggest I'm available for adoption, you guys *all* look the other way?

I just want a good woman that will cook her little heart out for me. What's so bad about that?

Bob

How come when I suggest I'm available for adoption, you guys *all* look the other way?

I just want a good woman that will cook her little heart out for me. What's so bad about that?

Bob
LOL :LOL: muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

as little as possible! First of all, it's Friday, and historically, I don't like to cook on Friday evening. Then, to top it off, it is HHH today -- hazy, hot and humid.

I am not above stopping off at Whole Foods and bringing home prepared food! Either that or go out. Not turning on the stove tonight.:wacko:

I dunno. It appears that my What's For Dinner Muse is on vacation, so I have to resort to the Random Method.....

My freezer has 6 shelves. I roll a die and that picks a shelf. Then I roll it again to pick an item off that shelf and VOILA! that's what's for dinner.
Or the "protein" component anyway.

as little as possible! First of all, it's Friday, and historically, I don't like to cook on Friday evening. Then, to top it off, it is HHH today -- hazy, hot and humid.

I am not above stopping off at Whole Foods and bringing home prepared food! Either that or go out. Not turning on the stove tonight.:wacko:
yup it is hot today and HHH!! i like whole foods buffet also.

I dunno. It appears that my What's For Dinner Muse is on vacation, so I have to resort to the Random Method.....

My freezer has 6 shelves. I roll a die and that picks a shelf. Then I roll it again to pick an item off that shelf and VOILA! that's what's for dinner.
Or the "protein" component anyway.
LOL why not just close your eyes and pick something with both hands from the freezer and then the pantry. then see what you can make of the four things you grabbed. it could get interesting.

I'm cooking goulash with yummy smoked sausage. Also trying out a potato au gratin recipe. (I know they don't really go together, but oh well!)

Back
Top Bottom