What's cooking TGIFriday October 16, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i have no clue because my family all want different things!! yesterday and today. they are driving me crazy!!

so whats cooking by you?

Gonna throw a couple of steaks on the grill. Have a couple of potatoes to toss in the oven buried under kosher salt. I'm thinking of making a pineapple upside down cake. Don't know if I want to do it in my CI or in a glass 13x9.

Macaroni cheese for the boys at 6 and a whole smoked mackerel with horseradish sauce tomatoes and red onion for me later on when they're out and I've peace to enjoy it.

It's Octoberfest pot luck, so I am attempting a Savory Vegetable Struedel, in
keeping with the German theme.
Wish me luck it's a first try for struedel. I am cheating and using frozen puff pastry.

It's Octoberfest pot luck, so I am attempting a Savory Vegetable Struedel, in
keeping with the German theme.
Wish me luck it's a first try for struedel. I am cheating and using frozen puff pastry.

What a lovely idea. I've never even thought of doing a vegetable struedel. How are you doing the veges? Are they roasted? in a sauce?
Whenever I've done a struedel i've used Filo pastry. Never thought of frozen puff. Look forward to hearing how it goes

i made dough and it is covered and rising. i have been asked to make a loaf of cinnamon and raisin bread. i think i will also make 1 loaf of plain to use for taylor ham (pork roll), lettuce and tomato sammies for dinner or with eggs they can decide later.

Not sure. DH is back to work and I am still feeling the affects from my sinus infection/asthma attack. I might pull a couple of meat pies out of the freezer. But I don't have any salad fixin's and am not allowed out as it is a very blustery and rainy day here.

But we still have dessert which is a good thing. Beginning to wonder if we will ever run out!

Spent the day in Richmond taking the written half of the certification exam.(Passed with a 98%!YAY!!) Gonna order pizza for tonight.

Bourbon Whiskey...A refreshing drink of Corn, Rye, and Malted Barley, aged in new white oak barrels for a period 7 years.

Honey Glazed Baby Back Ribs. Slowly roasted over a bed of Oak and Hickory Coals.Glazed with Wildflower Honey.

Roots of Turnip, with Mustard Greens braised in a Salt pork/Smokey bacon broth until perfectly tender. Served with a Cow Horn Hot Pepper Sauce.

A New Crop Kiln Dried Sweet Potato baked to a perfect tenderness. Served with fresh cream butter, and a drizzle of Steen’s Cane Syrup.

Bread of freshly milled yellow corn baked until golden brown in a cast iron skillet.
Served with fresh cream butter.

Perfectly Roasted Coffee and Chicory. Served with a Fresh Beignet topped with powdered sugar.

Why Uncle Bob, I never thought of you as a man of many words! Your description sounds fabulous....when do we eat?

I cooked the chuck roast in a covered DO all afternoon, put a packet of Beefy Onion Soup in it (and some water), made gravy with the drippings. Have some farmer's market creamed corn, and some noodles (purchased, but home made style)

Homemade bread

img_857051_0_c6ba27122614cd34f14aa2671a16d146.jpg

img_857051_1_89d0dba403833fc0738eaa94d7423a11.jpg

Homemade Cinnamon raisin bread.

img_857051_2_35bcdfe6a9fe13752288f8a088301c8c.jpg

Taylor Ham (pork roll), lettuce, tomato, mayo on homemade bread.

img_857051_3_abed985496f169330c9577ebaaf781dc.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom