What's cooking TGIFriday October 9, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we had roast beef/cheese sandwiches with ham/bean soup...
here's the latest pic of the snow... and more snow in the forecast!
That looks beautiful! Here was a picture when I was home in NY state when there was a horrible winter. I was there a month, and it didn't get above 20 F.... that was back in 2007. I'm sorry my picture is not as good as yours.... it was out the window
img_855279_0_32ec9e6996766719c1bb26619c58ba85.jpg

This was another out the window.
img_855279_1_9fc02046b2f44540ccca4fe2842886c5.jpg

I made a sandwich spread out of SPAM :ermm: :ohmy: That was chopped and combined with mayo, sweet relish, a little diced sweet onion and chopped hard-boiled egg. I had that on wheat bread with lettuce. My Grandpa loved it when I was a child. With that sandwich, I had leftover soup. Here was the sandwich. If I "icked" anyone out, I'm sorry. :LOL:

img_855279_2_23e53c7c95793e9be7d4732bde4ef1ab.jpg

img_855279_3_1e7432816601f1a14b5bcdbc88c4b2db.jpg

img_855279_4_9bee3686eb3f33c3bf975535208d3e0a.jpg

Here in East Texas we are finally having a first cool fall day (57 degrees) so I prepared "chili con carne" not too spicy but very good, and for dessert we had cooked apples with some sugar and cinnamon.

Dad and I had hot dogs with fried onions and Root Beer for dinner tonight. With Golf, 2 baseball games, a hockey game and a football game, it was fitting, and quick!

Dessert was some more pumpkin tarts with cinnamon whipped cream.

That looks beautiful! Here was a picture when I was home in NY state when there was a horrible winter. I was there a month, and it didn't get above 20 F.... that was back in 2007. I'm sorry my picture is not as good as yours.... it was out the window

That just made me have to put a fleece on :LOL: Nice photos though VB :)

I made a sandwich spread out of SPAM :ermm: :ohmy: That was chopped and combined with mayo, sweet relish, a little diced sweet onion and chopped hard-boiled egg. I had that on wheat bread with lettuce. My Grandpa loved it when I was a child. With that sandwich, I had leftover soup. Here was the sandwich. If I "icked" anyone out, I'm sorry. :LOL:

I like your idea of making your own sandwich spread. Ddidn't ick me out but made me hungry :D

did i miss the dinner thread? if so i am sorry and please merge.

i think lunch will be our big meal for the day. i want to go shopping and errands later so something on the run for the girls and i and i will bring micky d's for hub when i get home.

Here is Lunch 10/9/09:

Potatoes sauted in butter till brown. Chopped onions, green pepper and mushrooms added and cooked till all are tender. Scrambled eggs added to pan and cooked till eggs are set. Topped with shredded cheddar after plated.

img_855317_0_907da9367573d2878ba473d044d5b12e.jpg

whats cooking by you?

Very nice MM. I love scrambled eggs.....in fact I like eggs any style :)

We didn't cook anything as we went to Ellens nephews 2nd birthday party. They did a little spread of crab salad, tuna salad and beetroot salad to start followed by a pork steak smothered in cheese and onion and a rich chocolate cake for pudding. All very nice and good to have something coked and washed up for me!!

Taco Salad

That looks mighty tasty! YUMM! I love taco salads and make them often. Do you make your own shell? Some places sell them premade. I like to make my own.

I have loved taco salad since I was a teenager. Years ago, Wendy's restaurant made the BEST taco salad. I don't know if they still have that or not..... that was in Jamestown, NY. Another place, just outside of Jamestown, STILL has a fantastic taco salad. They are called Alfie's..........home of a great burger, too!

Thanks for your picture! Now, I'm hungry :pig:, but I'm in the process of making breakfast. That's a good thing! :LOL:

we had roast beef/cheese sandwiches with ham/bean soup...
here's the latest pic of the snow... and more snow in the forecast!
That's pretty. Glad I don't have to feel it though. Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbs cartoon when he said "Don't ya hate it when yer boogers freeze?"
It's 10:30 in the morning in sunny central florida and 79 degrees. Lollers!!:LOL:

Last night I made "Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Goat Cheese & Arugula", along with asparagus cooked alongside the chicken breasts in the skillet, & some plain white rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom