What's cooking Thursday 10/6/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked then broiled Salmon, (lemon,garlic, butter &honey) w/ mashed & broccoli....

img_1483031_0_8d508504689cfd3546eacb6ac40d2ff6.jpg

I think I hit one out of the ballpark tonight.

I made a roux and since I didn't have any cream, I just added milk to it. When it was thickened, I added a cup of Parmesan cheese and some parsley and pepper. Then I poured it over some cubed ham and potato slices, mixed the whole thing together, and put it all in a casserole dish. And into the oven it went.

That has got to be the tastiest dish I've done yet since I started cooking two years ago. I've gotta do this one again sometime!

Scalloped ham and potatoes! One of our favorite dishes, especially after Easter :yum:

Gee, rodentraiser, home runs were flying all over the place. (I'd been listening to the baseball game tonight...) Ham and au gratin potatoes was already on my menu for tomorrow, so no taking credit for giving me an idea. :LOL:

Same here. At $7.99 a pound, I have to wonder if it was really swordfish.

Fish Fraud: One in Five Seafood Samples Are Mislabeled
It's the real deal. I've had enough swordfish to know if it's not. While a restaurant can disguise it by the time it is served, it's not so easy to fake a big side of swordfish in the case and having it cut to order.

It's not uncommon for swordfish to drop in price this time of year, but this is as low as I can remember. Even the pricey fish stores are selling it for $11.99 / lb. They were at $19.99 / lb. 2 months ago, which was unusually high.

It's the real deal. I've had enough swordfish to know if it's not. While a restaurant can disguise it by the time it is served, it's not so easy to fake a big side of swordfish in the case and having it cut to order.

It's not uncommon for swordfish to drop in price this time of year, but this is as low as I can remember. Even the pricey fish stores are selling it for $11.99 / lb. They were at $19.99 / lb. 2 months ago, which was unusually high.

In that case, congrats on your great find :)

Scalloped ham and potatoes! One of our favorite dishes, especially after Easter :yum:

So that's what it was! I wasn't sure, since I threw the Parmesan into the white sauce. I was thinking more along the lines of potatoes and ham in Alfredo sauce, except I didn't have any cream.

Now I know what to call it!

Gee, rodentraiser, home runs were flying all over the place. (I'd been listening to the baseball game tonight...) Ham and au gratin potatoes was already on my menu for tomorrow, so no taking credit for giving me an idea. :LOL:

I should be giving credit - every time I read this thread, I want to start supper over!

Back
Top Bottom