What's cooking Thursday 11/10/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I cut up a chicken. The back, wings, 1 breast, (plus a back and about 20 wing tips from the freezer), 3 unpeeled carrots, 3 celery stalks, 1 skinned large onion, the stems from 1 bunch parsley and green tops from 3 leeks are simmering for soup. The leg quarters and 1 breast are put aside for roasting.

What are your plans?

:yum: I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday, used up a bunch of stuff too, so that. I hadn't used parsley in chicken soup before, I had some, and I really like it. Lots of dried thyme too.

Last edited:
Easy meal here this evening. Leftover mac and cheese from last night. It turned out just delicious - the smoked gouda really puts it over the top. :yum: Probably steamed broccoli and carrots for a side.

What's cooking?

Absolutely nothing! :LOL: Not here, anyway. It's our last day/night on the beach, so we'll let someone else do the work. I did make scrambled eggs with mushrooms for breakfast just to use those items up, but supper is going to be someone else's labor. And I will enjoy every bite.

Let you know later what we end up with.

TB had Italian sausage with Greek salad and baked potato.

I had my breakfast smoothie which I didn't have at breakfast - tummy's a little rough but nothing serious! :)

Having my quick 10-minute Thai Beef Curry with cauliflower "rice".

img_1487074_0_d349e74a62dc6315eef6a0b4b5689c36.jpg

I put together a nice vegetable beef soup before leaving for work. I browned ground beef and onions in the cast iron skillet then put it in the crockpot along with 46 ounces of Red Gold tomato juice, a can of diced tomatoes, some freshly minced garlic, peas, corn, green beans, potatoes, salt/pepper, cup of water. It cooked all day in the crockpot. Served with some fresh Italian bread.

There's enough left for dinner tomorrow, and probably lunch the next day.

Last edited:
Not sure what it is, but I found it in the freezer and it includes ground beef, mushrooms, tomato and some other stuff and we're having it over rice.

Red bell peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, rice, usual Italian sauce ingredients with moz mixed in and on top with parm dusted over top.

Been busy all day moving plants inside and tidying up the bedraggled hanging baskets. So sad to see all the "pretties" have to go. Took nearly all day. I was glad I took a huge container of vegetable-beef soup out of the freezer.

The soup really hit the spot because the weather is chilling down and there's nothing like a hot, hearty bowl of soup to chase the cold away. We had homemade baguette with butter and iced tea to round out our meal. There's a little soup left for lunch tomorrow.

Wasn't home all day. Cut a frozen cardboard pizza in half and baked that. Easy dinner. Sausage/ pepperoni/ I added sliced olives. Apple pie for dessert.

For the first time ever in our 9 years of married life, we are having a pizza delivered. :wacko:

SousChef is excited tracking the process of it online at the Domino website. It keeps him entertained.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: I don't think I've ever tracked a pizza before, Kay, but as long as it keeps Souschef entertained, what the heck!

For the first time ever in our 9 years of married life, we are having a pizza delivered. :wacko:

SousChef is excited tracking the process of it online at the Domino website. It keeps him entertained.

Enjoy! Whenever I order a pizza (not very often) from Pizza Factory, I get a side of chicken wings while I'm at it. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom