Whats cooking Tuesday August 4, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gonna grill boneless chops, will marinate in a mixture of oil, balsamic vinegar, a bit of soy, garlic, and pepper. Fried potatoes on the side. Not sure about another veggie yet.

I'm making a small pot of chicken soup from the carcass of the chicken that I cooked on the rotissouri the other day.

I am gonna take the brown rice and chicken kabobs from last night and re cook that chicken friend rice style

Dinner is served: Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil)
topped with grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

img_842336_0_bcb72dbf29e19bada1e4faebfd99c74f.jpg

img_842336_1_54cc0183ab02872f9f1071db50a83af4.jpg

:ROFLMAO: Mine is wayyyyyy in the back of a bottom kitchen cupboard. I haven't used that in a verrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. I have one of those stick-blenders for soups and single-serve smoothies. I think it's because it is so much easier to clean.

I hadn't used mine for ages either but it's been born again and is sitting proudly at the front of my cupboard but you're right they're a pain to clean!!

I just put some hot water and a bit of dish soap in the blender, turn it on, rinse it out. Pretty easy.

I just take it apart and put the pieces in the dishwasher.

had BBQ rotissarie game hens and garlic, thyme, bacon, pancetta roasted potatoes.

then for desert: chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels.

all cooked while hobbling around on 1 foot and crutches!

We had grilled chicken and apple pizza with a side salad. Easy night.

This past week our local Harris Teeter supermarket had Snow Crab clusters on sale for $2.99/pound (yup - $2.99 a pound!), so I picked up 5 pounds, about 1/2 to 3/4 of which we enjoyed Sunday.

So for last night I took the leftover picked crabmeat, mixed it with the leftover melted garlic lemon butter, some sauteed onion, chopped mushrooms, & a diced orange bell pepper & made an impromptu "Crab Imperial" in individual-size gratin dishes, topped with mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, & grated parmesan cheese & baked at 350 for 25 minutes. It was DELICIOUS. Served it with some local white sweet corn, garlic toast, & a salad. I even have some leftovers to enjoy for lunch today. Nothing like getting 3 good meals for around $15.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom