What's Cooking? Tuesday Feb. 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm making BBQ chicken breast (bone in and skin on) and brown rice made with turkey stock. I'm going to use a salt-free BBQ rub under the skin, so I can really slather it on.:pig::chef:

What's cooking with you?

Gonna whip up one of my meatloaf recipes and bake a couple of potatoes and steam some broccoli.

Asian-style tuna steaks with soy-sesame dressing. I'm not totally sure what side(s) we'll be having at this point. I have some shirataki noodles to use up, so maybe something made from those.

I roasted a chicken on a beer can this morning.

I will take the meat off of the bones and nuke some of it for dinner along with some cottage cheese and a salad.

The skin and bones will go into the stock pot with some odds and ends from the vegetable crisper.

I enjoy the broth more than I do the boring old chicken! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I making baked potato soup. I tossed some potatoes into the oven when I made the country ribs on Sunday. Getting every penny I can from my electric use! Besides, this way the longest prep time is already done.

I might make salads to offset all those calories from the soup. Should be eating more greens, but it's so hard to look forward to a chilled salad when the winter is so overbearing!

Roasted vegetables and roast beef sammies here. Hope I can locate the horseradish.

A dear, dear friend will join us for tonight's supper. His wife has been called in an emergency to take care for her elderly mother, halfway across the country. He's quite capable of taking care of himself, but he and his wife went way beyond "beyond" for me when Buck died.

We'll have oven-roasted beef with veggies and gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered Italian green beans (from our garden last summer), rosemary-olive oil rustic bread with butter, iced tea for Glenn and me and whatever our friend wants if tea isn't his preference. He's bringing dessert but, just in case, I made a pina colada cake yesterday.

We'll eat plenty and have a nice time visiting and helping him unwind.

Meyer lemon, garlic, adobo seasoning marinated grilled chicken breast with spinach, arugula, roasted beet, fennel, blood orange, red onion salad.

Meyer lemon, garlic, adobo seasoning marinated grilled chicken breast with spinach, arugula, roasted beet, fennel, blood orange, red onion salad.

That chicken sounds really good.
I'm doing boneless skinless chicken thighs in the oven tonite combining some of the recent recipes. I mixed up some Catalina dressing with some Pineapple chutney I have on hand along with a tablespoon of Lipton onion soup mix. Rolled the thighs around in that mix before placing them in a pan with a few twists of rainbow pepper corns, and a few splashes of Madiera over the top. Jasmine rice will be on the side with steamed broccolini.

Asian-style tuna steaks with soy-sesame dressing. I'm not totally sure what side(s) we'll be having at this point. I have some shirataki noodles to use up, so maybe something made from those.

Tuna steaks turned out good. The dressing is actually more of a glaze. It's a very simple recipe: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, and 1 clove crushed garlic. Brush it on the fish, salt and pepper, and pan sear in a hot pan for a minute on each side. It should be pink in the middle.

img_1409450_0_6950a2774b1473cc7ff55d89c54d7e23.jpg

Beautiful plate, Steve! I'll have to get some tuna steaks again.

Well, as usual Kayelle outdid herself again. Boneless chicken thighs, rice, and broccolini with bac onoins.We make this at home, a mix of dried onion flakes and McCormick bacos I get at the dollar store.

Steve, that is one yummy looking plate. Have you tried your glaze on salmon? We find the flavor of salmon just a bit too strong; thinking that might mask the taste just enough. After all, salmon is good for you. I'd rather have tuna.

I making baked potato soup...
What a waste of time. So disappointed in this new-to-me recipe. It sounded good, but this one is going into the circular file, computer-style: Baked Potato Soup Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Instead, I'm going back to my old TNT Mother Earth News Cheese-Potato soup that I first made back in 1975! Savory Winter Recipes - Real Food - MOTHER EARTH NEWS We've been enjoying it ever since, and plan on remaining faithful now.

Steve, that is one yummy looking plate. Have you tried your glaze on salmon? We find the flavor of salmon just a bit too strong; thinking that might mask the taste just enough. After all, salmon is good for you. I'd rather have tuna.
I think it would be great on salmon. I haven't tried it myself, but I have brushed it on pork tenderloin and skirt/flank/hanger steak before grilling and it makes a nice flavoring for those meats, too.

Tuna steaks turned out good. The dressing is actually more of a glaze. It's a very simple recipe: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, and 1 clove crushed garlic. Brush it on the fish, salt and pepper, and pan sear in a hot pan for a minute on each side. It should be pink in the middle.

img_1409561_0_6950a2774b1473cc7ff55d89c54d7e23.jpg

OHMYGosh, that looks and sounds amazing. :yum: I think it would be great with salmon as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom