What's cooking Tuesday May 11, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Not quite sure but it will involve red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, baby spinach and flank steak.

Whats on your menu?

I think I am going to be cracking open a couple cans of soup.

I am feeling uninspired today, and have a headache. Blah.

I think I am going to be cracking open a couple cans of soup.

I am feeling uninspired today, and have a headache. Blah.

Maybe you have a headache from cracking open cans.......at my house we usually use a can opener. :ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not sure yet what we are having but since it is Hockey night in Vancouver it will definitely be something easy to prepare!

Not quite sure but it will involve red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, baby spinach and flank steak.

Whats on your menu?
anyone have any ideas on what i should do with these ingredients. I would love to try something new.

We had pot roast last night. Since I got one that was huge today we re-run it. Soft french rolls split open buttered and lightly toasted, then fill with the shredded pot roast, some gravy, chopped lettuce,onion,tomato. mashed avocado. Plus oven garlic fries. Ice cream cake for dessert and were done.
kades:cool:

We had pot roast last night. Since I got one that was huge today we re-run it. Soft french rolls split open buttered and lightly toasted, then fill with the shredded pot roast, some gravy, chopped lettuce,onion,tomato. mashed avocado. Plus oven garlic fries. Ice cream cake for dessert and were done.
kades:cool:
that sounds yummy kades!!

you can eat all those carbs and still have low sugar numbers?

anyone have any ideas on what i should do with these ingredients. I would love to try something new.

I would marinate the steak with a can of beer, some cumin, coriander and curry powder. Then saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers. After cooking slice the steak thin and make some wraps with some tzaziki sauce( 2 parts Greek yogurt, 1 part sour cream, some finely diced cucumber, some dill , salt and pepper) and top with fresh onion and spinach.

I'm doing jerk chicken thighs and corn on the cob brushed with ancho powder and cumin, then grilled

I would marinate the steak with a can of beer, some cumin, coriander and curry powder. Then saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers. After cooking slice the steak thin and make some wraps with some tzaziki sauce( 2 parts Greek yogurt, 1 part sour cream, some finely diced cucumber, some dill , salt and pepper) and top with fresh onion and spinach.

I'm doing jerk chicken thighs and corn on the cob brushed with ancho powder and cumin, then grilled
i don't have any of those things :(

i don't have any of those things :(

Well then
Season the steak the way you like, then roast the peppers so you can remove the skin and seeds without destroying them. While the steak is cooking saute the mushrooms and onions with seasonings that compliment the steak adding the spinach and either some form of cream or cheese right near the end, Stuff the peppers and roast until done

I don't know if I can come up with any more ideas;)

that sounds yummy kades!!

you can eat all those carbs and still have low sugar numbers?
I use insulin now but still watch carbs, Ill just use a half roll and have some salad and later some fruit. That should work.No fries. I usually have one small carb and fill in with low carb veggies usually two or one large like a full cup of spinach and vinegar,or cabbage with a little imitation butter spray. works great.
kades;)

Chicken here too. Baking chickin thighs and breasts with whole potatoes and carrots, we'll have green salad on the side.

Flank steak seasoned with olive oil and My herb and spice blend grinder (4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt (Large crystals), Garlic (Dry Minced), Onion (Dry Minced), Thyme (Dry Leaves), Rosemary (Dry Leaves), Red pepper flakes) then grilled on my 12" square 1 burner stove top grill pan, fresh spinach (steamed in a ziplok steam bag for 1 minute) with butter and sliced tomatoes. Served on a black plate I bought at the dollar store and guess how much it was? Surprise it really was only $1.00!! This is what I had. No one else wanted it so they had sammies. Their loss it was yummy!!

img_895732_0_250c06b69a094b33198669dce6575d6e.jpg

img_895732_1_5dd44896573ebbcf81c7e3eef5627d96.jpg

stuffed chicken breast with left over stuffing . baking in oven, jasmine rice, brocc. i think. still have half a banana choco chip. giant muffin for dessert. not many carbs today, blood sugar a little low. that should jack it up a bit. although used splenda in muffins.

What with the cold raw rainy day today, tonight was a big pot of Breezy Portuguese Kale & Turkey Kielbasa soup & a big loaf of fresh garlic bread for dipping.

last fall I bought a couple crates of odd lot 2nd tomatoes at a local farm market and put up many quarts of roasted tomato sauce in the freezer. I'm still enjoying the benefits of doing so! a simple bolognese last night tasted like a million bucks. onion garlic fennel anchovy meat tomato sauce red wine basil salt black and red pepper olive oil ....ok ok 12 ingredients--not so simple I guess, but it just fell together naturally.

Back
Top Bottom