What's cooking Wednesday 9-14-16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's plan is boneless pork chops, homemade stuffing, homemade Barvarian beans.

Potstickers using fillings from the freezer, the rest of the Chinese soup dumpling mixture and the shrimp/andouille filling we made for the dumpling challenge.

img_1479875_0_7b9f622e93cf542558406c5309831128.jpg

Meatloaf and potato gratin . The meatloaf is home made, same batter as the Swedish meatball recipe and the potato gratin is store bought, I haven't had that much success with making a lactose free potato gratin and this one has no weird stuff in it and is lactose free and not too expensive and it deliver. I'm happy.

we had a friend over who was bacherlorizing it with his wife out of town........served beef fajitas, sides (guac, salsa, ensalada, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, etc., and homemade pinto beans in the crock pot........dessert was cowboy cookies (chocolate chip with oatmeal) yummo!

That recipe sure is a keeper, isn't it tenspeed?

CakePoet, I love the fact that you wrap your meatloaf with bacon. :yum: My Mom always put it under the loaf (to prevent sticking to the pan) and on top, just because she could. ;)

We had leftover BBQ pork sandwiches with leftover potato salad and some pickles from Batch Two. (It needs a little more fridge aging...) I had some slices of watermelon. The can of baked beans was a fresh one, along with a quart of fresh-drawn local beer. Himself likes hoppy ale, while I prefer a more malty brew, but we can agree on the local brewery's "Haus Bier".

Attachments

• 2016-09-14 21.14.21.jpg
    2016-09-14 21.14.21.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 129
I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Leftovers. We did have some fresh green beans in butter to eat with the other stuff. I have a terrible time just cooking for two.

Last edited:
Tonight's plan is boneless pork chops, homemade stuffing, homemade Barvarian beans.

Dinner was good.

I pounded the Chops then breaded and pan fried in small amount of canola oil.

I am very upset with Pepperidge Farms for taking the recipe grid off the bag of stuffing cubes. It used to have ingredient amounts for stuffed chops and fish listed on the back of the bag. That's gone and only has instructions for the whole bag. This resulted in my stuffing being wetter than we like. I estimated one pint of cubes to 1 cup chicken broth (4 servings). Next time I'll use 3/4 cup broth.
Though wet it was tasty just looked wet.

The Bavarian beans were good. Boiled 1/4 cup store bought spätzle till tender; drained. Cooked down an 1/8th of a pound of bacon lardons till crisp. Added some butter, parsley and chives to bacon fat and heated till butter melted. Added spätzle and beans sautéed till heated through and adjusted salt and pepper.

msmofet........what are Bavarian beans? my hubby and `i are beaners as long as they are not kidney beans! Any recipes?

I haven't written it up but its basically what I wrote above the beans are green beans/string beans. I'll try to work up a recipe and post it on the veggie forum as soon as I can. Not sure if I have a picture but I'll try to get one.

Back
Top Bottom