What's Cooking Wednesday April 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Our main meal at lunch is going to be scallops with polenta and a spinach salad.

For dinner I will be making grilled salmon sandwiches with my second experimental no egg no soy mayo, and carrot sticks.

What's on your menu for today? :)

Last edited:
I am making NY Strips- our favorite cut and a rare treat for us. Seasoned and topped with fried onions and a pat of butter. Steamed green beans and salad on the side.

Sounds wonderful, Deblynn! That's one of our favourite meals as well though we add some mushrooms with the onions!

Corned beef steamed or simmered with some-

brown & yellow mustard seed
coriander
allspice
dill seed
bay leaves
ginger
cloves
tellicherry peppercorns
juniper berries
mace
cardamom
red hot pepper

I'm defrosting a chicken as we speak. It will be roasted and served along with a veggie and either pilaf or sesame noodles.

After meeting with the tax lady, I needed some pick-me-up so I went shopping! I picked up some steaks, pork chops and chuck roast. I'll let the yungun decided which he wants. I have sweet potatoes and salads for sides.

We made breakfast. Bacon, eggs and homefries. We had to do something quick as we were canning the worchestershire sauce.

I'm not sure what it will turn out to be, but it will either be something yummy and filling, or a big mess of slop. :angel: I am still too sick and too lazy to think or work much, so the plan is to throw the ham bone into the pot, surrounded by a mixture of frozen hashed browns, chopped onions, and jarred Alfredo sauce, and bake until done. Green beans on the side. I have never made this. I have never even heard of this. But we are having this. We had a very late lunch (pizza) so I haven't started this yet, but am about to do it now. If I live through it, I will let you know how it turned out. Hopefully a :yum: and not a :sick:

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it will turn out to be, but it will either be something yummy and filling, or a big mess of slop. :angel: I am still too sick and too lazy to think or work much, so the plan is to throw the ham bone into the pot, surrounded by a mixture of frozen hashed browns, chopped onions, and jarred Alfredo sauce, and bake until done. Green beans on the side. I have never made this. I have never even heard of this. But we are having this. We had a very late lunch (pizza) so I haven't started this yet, but am about to do it now. If I live through it, I will let you know how it turned out. Hopefully a :yum: and not a :sick:
It was pretty good. There are other meals I prefer, but it was tasty. :yum:

Glenn and I went to his daughter's house to help her youngest celebrate her 6th birthday. Heather made a fantastic meal of baked ham, mashed potatoes, turnip greens, and purple hull peas. We had hot fudge brownie sundaes for dessert. Yum, double yum! It was all wonderful and we had a great time enjoying the grandchildren.

I had goat cheese, Brie, sliced tomatoes, and garlic/herb extra virgin olive oil with a crusty baguette.

Wound up making a quick meal of ground beef burritos with refries, cilantro,onion, mexican cheese and tomato. late night snack after hitting the gym was some potstickers. (I ate too many than I should have)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom