What's Cooking Wednesday July 15, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
it's supposed to be in the mid 80's today (79 at the moment) so i am not sure what to make. i have boneless, skinless chicken breasts, onions, mushrooms, red potatoes, fresh basil, pasta and crushed tomatoes. not sure how i will cook that, in oven or on the stove. i also have salad greens so they will be my veggies.

Firing up the stand mixer and the oven to make us some pizza today. We both like Margarita pizzas and SO usually wants a white pizza of some sort as well.

Unusually mild here today, too. Only 80F right now. Is this Kentucky?

I'm making stuffed bell peppers, will finish up the sliced cucumbers in vinaigrette. Coconut-zucchini bars with cinnamon icing for dessert. See, I even have veggies in my dessert!!:LOL:

I acquired a couple of fresh Mississippi River Catfish (Flat heads) today...So a portion thereof will find it's way into...

Catfish Courtbouillion -------
Rice ------
Slaw ------
Bread ------
Chocolate Ice Cream ------

I acquired a couple of fresh Mississippi River Catfish (Flat heads) today...So a portion thereof will find it's way into...

Catfish Courtbouillion -------
Rice ------
Slaw ------
Bread ------
Chocolate Ice Cream ------
ok i can understand the others (maybe) but catfish chocolate ice cream is pushing it!! :LOL:

:LOL: Let me revise my comments Senator....The Catfish will find it's way into the Courtbouillion only....Then atop the rice. :-p

:LOL:
img_836123_0_4573c855b61a6fd8209ce94e563d74ab.gif

The market had positively gorgeous fresh wild Alaskan salmon in, so I bought a nice big filet which I plan to just bake plain with lemon & serve with Bearnaise Sauce (laced with fresh tarragon from the garden), steamed asparagus, & a big green salad.

The market had positively gorgeous fresh wild Alaskan salmon in, so I bought a nice big filet which I plan to just bake plain with lemon & serve with Bearnaise Sauce (laced with fresh tarragon from the garden), steamed asparagus, & a big green salad.

Got any chocolate ice cream??? If ya do I'll come eat witcha!!!:)

MsMofet - Thanks for the pic. I made a chuck eye roast on the stove top. Hard heat until really toasty on both sides, and than turned to medium low, until cooked through. Still major pink all the way through, but it has forgotten how to moo.

Bob

MsMofet - Thanks for the pic. I made a chuck eye roast on the stove top. Hard heat until really toasty on both sides, and than turned to medium low, until cooked through. Still major pink all the way through, but it has forgotten how to moo.

Bob
it's not a very good pic. for some reason i couldn't get the right light.

Back
Top Bottom