What's cooking Wednesday November 18, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am thinking linguine with white clams sauce or a tomato sauce. not sure yet. i will decide at work.

what about you?

Glenn will be here at our "city" house tonight (my house), so I've planned roast beef with onions and mushrooms, gravy, mashed potatoes, lima beans and my devil's food cake for dessert. It's wonderful to have a man to cook for again, especially one who loves to eat and really enjoys my cooking. Wooopee!!!!

Hey Jikoni, long time no see!

I am not working today (YAY) so I have time to plan something superfantabulous. No idea yet what they want though. I'll post back later.

I am finally feeling like eating and cooking again! YAY!!!

But I still have an out of town appointment this afternoon so am not sure what to make. It may end up being a rotisserie chicken from Costco and some salad.

I forgot that I'm going out to a dinner meeting so I'll just eat something yummy there. I'm leaving a pork tenderloin and potatoes for the family. It was a request from Daughter #2 who missed out the last time we had it.

I forgot that I'm going out to a dinner meeting so I'll just eat something yummy there. I'm leaving a pork tenderloin and potatoes for the family. It was a request from Daughter #2 who missed out the last time we had it.

Are you SURE you aren't going for bingo food again? ;):LOL::LOL::LOL:

I forgot, I am doing pork chops. Not sure how or with what, but pork chops it is.

Grilled Bone-In Chicken Breast......
Aunt Peggy's 5 Star Tator Salad......
Garlicky, Garlicky Green Beans.......
French Bread......
Chocolate Ice Cream.......

Wings with Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce

4116399258_ce12205bca_b.jpg

Fried Flounder, Tator Tots, and Onion Rings.. We were feeling healthy tonight! LOL

Broiled T-Bone, farfalle tossed with butter, sour cream and snipped chives and buttered mixed veggies.

I rubbed steaks with olive oil front and back then a nice dusting of my grinder blend that I mix up and put into my grinder (grinder set on medium course grind):

4 or 5 Pepper corn blend (depends where i get them)
Sea salt (Large crystals)
Garlic (Dry Minced )
Onion (Dry Minced )
Thyme (Dry Leaves)
Rosemary (Dry Leaves)
Parsley (Dry)
Red pepper flakes

Then I pierce the heck out of the steaks with a two tined cooking fork to push the spices into them.

Then I make a dip sauce of:

A-1 Steak Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce
Soy sauce
Magi Seasoning sauce
Red Wine vinegar
Liquid hickory smoke

I mix it up to taste.

I drizzled a bit of the dip on one side of the steak and pierce the steaks again and then let them sit for a little while (these sat about a 1/2 hour give or take). The was used to dip in.

img_862280_0_11d8f691d544752a25f8ecf753d11589.jpg

I rubbed steaks with olive oil front and back then a nice dusting of my grinder blend that I mix up and put into my grinder (grinder set on medium course grind):

4 or 5 Pepper corn blend (depends where i get them)
Sea salt (Large crystals)
Garlic (Dry Minced )
Onion (Dry Minced )
Thyme (Dry Leaves)
Rosemary (Dry Leaves)
Parsley (Dry)
Red pepper flakes

That grinder blean sound perfect for steak!

Grilled cheese sandwich with extra sharp cheddar, swiss, and sliced tomatoes on pumpernickel. Green salad on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom