Our 4th is the 4th-6th......moving a friend out of a house and into storage, an entire household. No real food, just whatever gets ordered. Once the dishes are packed, there is no cooking. I had a tomato slice on chipolte mayo and bread for breakfast, the salt and pepper is packed!
I forgot the rules of moving.
1. something will get broken
2. if you need 40 boxes, buy 80, you miscalculated
3. if you think you need to haul 10 trips of furniture, you really need to haul 20 trips of furniture.
4. all those friends you helped move, will be busy that week you need to move.
5. once the beds and couches are moved, buy sleeping bags
6. *Most important* teenagers and young 20 year olds want cash! (wages for helping) (they cannot be bartered with household items like lamps and futons--they don't value it)
7. you shoulda coulda wish you woulda had a few rummage sales first.
Happy 4th of July! Saw fireworks being shot off over the truck and trailer loaded to go!