What's doin' for the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Stock Exchange floor closes at 1pm on the 3rd, so that officially rings the bell for cocktail hour;). Lou is coming up on Thursday as well.

Friday, we'll get a bike ride in early. At this point, I'm planning to smoke a couple of chickens and a roast pork for pulled pork sandwiches. Cider vinegar red potato salad, grilled corn, cole slaw, deviled eggs and corn bread. Somewhere I recently saw a recipe for a tortoini cake which looked light and airy. This menu is crying for beer/ale and possible watermelonade.

We're headed into NYC about 6ish towards the east river to watch the Macy's fireworks on the FDR.

Anyone else making plans yet?

Spending the weekend with the inlaws and their friends at a semi-private campground.

I'm planning accordingly.... 4 days.... 4 kegs. :whistling

What????

:mrgreen:

Taking 2 turkey fryers to do 1 turkey, the other corn on the cob. Bringing deviled eggs and watermelon/fruit salad.
Someone else bringing the corn on the cob and shrimp kabobs.
Someone else bringing brats, kraut & pot sal & coleslaw.
We'll make sangria, have beer & iced tea.
Looking at these combos, I think I feel sick.
We'll have to eat in shifts to get alittle of everything in, with naps in between. LOL

I can't wait.
Don't know if the town will have works on the beach this year. Didn't see anything on the news or paper. But we're only going to be blocks away.

I should check my email to see who's coming....
DH will put a turkey on the grill w/ some applewood chips, I've asked my family and his up on Friday, bring a side dish to share...
We'll have a bonfire and those of us feeling the need will go into town for the fireworks show.
Wow. not a single "I'm there" yet.
Ok maybe it will be a quiet bonfire....

First time we have been home on the 4th in years. I am having a cookout with family. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, german potato salad, mac salad, caesar salad, homemade baked beans with a big old piece of salt pork, beer/wine/frozen strawberry drinks. Dessert tbd by SIL. We are going to have a bonfire too well not really a bonfire. We have this really neat outdoor fireplace. No fireworks for this town. I guess I will see them next week. We are going to see the fireworks over the Hudson River.

Happy 4th all!

Spending the weekend with the inlaws and their friends at a semi-private campground.

I'm planning accordingly.... 4 days.... 4 kegs. :whistling

What????

:mrgreen:

what's everyone else drinking?

have fun, john. belch the alphabet for me. :)

i'm working. what else is new. but i turned down all sorts of ot so i can be home to watch fireworks. it's also my dad's birthday, so i'll be wishing him another happy and healthy 85 years.

I'm not working the 4th this year for a change, so I'll work on the house, yard and vehicles that I've been neglecting! In the evening we'll be cooking out on Sis's deck. Steaks, burgers, brats and regular hot dogs.
Pasta salad, tater salad, slaw and deviled eggs.
Will do a repeat on our deck on Saturday with other friends and family who can't make it Friday.

I got over 200 assorted Rockets in the shed, I may have a small display if the weather stays nice.

Wasn't going to do anything. Then, my brother's wife called me a few minutes ago and invited me to join her and Kevin at her uncle's house for a meal and fireworks in Paducah on the riverfront afterwards. It'll be a nice diversion.

I'm glad you are going Katie - try to enjoy the fireworks. My folks and sister's family are coming to my house - lazy day in the pool with cocktails. Might try to catch a parade in the morning - my town gives a beautiful fireworks display too -- looking forward to it. Foodwise, very unamerican, we are ordering chinese food - the most work I will do is pick up the phone to order.

Tonight it is off to the Arlington Racetrack with the church Deacon and a few others, he works there and has reserved as a great spot on the green to watch their fireworks show.
Tomorrow afternoon is the church BBQ, and then home to let the kids set off their fireworks (Illinois is one of those poppers, smokers, and sparklers only states). Then I will probably do my BBQ on Sunday :)

Hot dogs (those belly buster kind) homemade baked beans, chips and homemade blueberry pie after we get back from Sarasota for the annual 4th boat races. Did I mention beer? Oh yeah. And DW will be the DD to and from the boat races.

Well why else would I be cooking something as drunk proof as hot dogs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::pig::-p

We'll have burgers on the grill, if it doesn't rain, and pray my son-in-law doesn't blow himself up shooting off fireworks after drinking a case of beer.

I have to work both tonight and tomarrow night,so I miss everything. I'll be sleeping during the big parade we have here and I'll be working during the fireworks.:( First time in My life that I miss fireworks, I"M SO GLAD IT"S MY LAST WEEK WORKING NIGHTS!!!!!!

Friday--nothing special..
food wise... Sirloin, Asparagus, corn on the cob ALL on the grill...

Saturday.... probably canoing. Looks like a beautiful day...
Saturday night... pork loin on the grill, more asparagus and corn(two of the greatest grill foods in the world). Maybe baked sweet potato...

Sunday.... what ever is left over from Friday and Saturday...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom