What's fer Dinner Wed. 5/6...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Our local Diner sent out an S.O.S. E-mail to its regular following (I'm one !) asking for some support today........ So, Dinner will be Beef Stew over Buttered Noodles, carried in !

Happy to get some beef !
encore.gif

...Went out yesterday to the ALDI Market, (Closest, and has great COVID-19 protections in place)
to buy a steak or two, but NO BEEF, and NO PORK, although there was planty of chicken, in myriad forms...

I got my Omaha Steaks order a couple of days ago. The package I chose had pork chops, but they said they were out, so they substituted chicken fried steaks instead. Fine with me. I HAVE SEVERAL PORK CHOPS IN MY FREEZER AND i like their chicken fried steaks, but they weren't included in the package I selected. They also left out my potatoes au gratin, which I despise, but it was part of the package. I called them on it, so they offered to send me a $30.00 gift card. The price of the potatoes as part of a package is $8.99. HOO RAH!!!

So now I have enough pork chops for the rest of the month, enough Polish sausage, hot dogs and hamburgers for at least two months, enough steaks for the next 3 months. How does that Grateful Dead song go? I will get by, I will get by, I will get by-eye-eye, I will survive.

Last edited:
Our local Diner sent out an S.O.S. E-mail to its regular following (I'm one !) asking for some support today........ So, Dinner will be Beef Stew over Buttered Noodles, carried in !

Happy to get some beef !
encore.gif

...Went out yesterday to the ALDI Market, (Closest, and has great COVID-19 protections in place)
to buy a steak or two, but NO BEEF, and NO PORK, although there was planty of chicken, in myriad forms...
When I went to my local Aldi on Sunday they were out of chicken and beef. Just a few packages of pork and lots of fish.

Had to go out to pick up DHs Rx so while I was at the store I picked up some sushi and buffalo wings for myself for dinner.

He's asleep and won't be eating dinner tonight. I was told to leave the taco leftovers for him just incase he wakes up during the night.

The beef stew looks pretty excellent LT.

I combined yesterday's taco meat and black bean- corn dip. Mostly because there were only 2 tortilla shells leftover, and I wanted to use the only diced jalapeno that was in the dip. So I threw a can of enchilada sauce that's been shuffled around on the shelf since forever, into a pan, a cup of uncooked rice, more Mexican spices, chix broth and voila' -- The Leftovers Multiplied upon themself's. I'm not sure SO is happy or not, but it tastes quite good and we each filled our plates.

Wednesday, 5-6-2020, what are you eating?

Penne alla vodka for us.

Attachments

• 2020-05-06 18.56.13.jpg
    2020-05-06 18.56.13.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 75
Having postdrome from yesterday's migraine. I'm just rummaging in the fridge. I'm nuking stuff that appeals, one item now, another item later. So far: 1/2 of a grilled Italian sausage and a piece of tourtière without the crust (the crust was made with a soy based vegetable fat). Actually, the piece of tourtière was something that DH found in the freezer and baked. I'll see what else might appeal later.

Gimme, thanks for the supper idea. I had just enough leftover country style ribs for one. Instead, I pulled all the meat from the bones, cleaned out the chunks of fat, and fluffed it all up with extra sauce. We had bbq pork sandwiches on toasted Kaiser rolls (mine had bread and butter pickles), baked potato wedges seasoned with Penzeys Mural of Flavor seasoning, and corn.

IMG_20200506_213624949.jpg

I am enjoying a kitchen free dinner tonight. The Souschef is doing his delicious Chimichangas, I'm just doing the guacamole ... Yum

I so appreciated the excellent Carnita's Chimichanas of his so much. It turns out I now have more than enough of the filling for Taco's or Enchiladas in the freezer now, not to mention the two we have leftover from tonight for lunches.They were topped with warmed Hatch salsa and custom killer guac.

Dang, I wish I had a lime for it.

Attachments

• P5060024.jpg
    P5060024.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 84
  • P5060025.jpg
    P5060025.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 98
Gimme, thanks for the supper idea. I had just enough leftover country style ribs for one. Instead, I pulled all the meat from the bones, cleaned out the chunks of fat, and fluffed it all up with extra sauce. We had bbq pork sandwiches on toasted Kaiser rolls (mine had bread and butter pickles), baked potato wedges seasoned with Penzeys Mural of Flavor seasoning, and corn.

View attachment 40816

Nice CG! Looking good. Finished mine up :)
I make my own dry rub and my own bbq sauce.
I like dill pickles on mine :)
Usually like red skin potato salad but didn’t have time and couldn’t find it in store today :(
Also prefer the Martins potato rolls
Usually get boneless but someone brought it today and it was bone in so had a lot of cleanup to do first although I did braise with the bone in the Dutch oven.

IMG_4796.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4798.jpg

Last edited:
I so appreciated the excellent Carnita's Chimichanas of his so much. It turns out I now have more than enough of the filling for Taco's or Enchiladas in the freezer now, not to mention the two we have leftover from tonight for lunches.They were topped with warmed Hatch salsa and custom killer guac.

Dang, I wish I had a lime for it.

Recipe?

Back
Top Bottom