What's for breakfast ? #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks pa baker and crewsk.
btw, when do you stop worrying so much? when you're dead?????????

buckytom said:
thanks pa baker and crewsk.
btw, when do you stop worrying so much? when you're dead?????????

Yeah, probably! For me, I'll probably find a way to keep worrying even then! I can't imagine what I'll be like when we have our 1st!

Yep, that's about it bucky! I'm 27 & my brother is 35 & our parents still worry about us. Heck, on Wed. nights, I have to call them when I get home from their house so they will know I made it home ok. It used to bother me but then I realized that they just care about me & want to make sure the kids & I are safe.

Mine are the same way! I'm an only child so they roll all their worry into me. It used to annoy me, too, but now that I'm older I have a new appreciation for it. And as they get older I worry more about them, so now we're even! :LOL:

Yep, I worry more about my parents now too. It's kinda funny, they don't make my brother call them when he goes home from their house. I guess that's because he's a guy. :?

He may wonder why them don't make him, too! DH's parents are like that, too. They'll check in with their daughters once a week if they don't hear from them but we can go weeks without talking to them!

I think that parents worry more about daughters than they do sons. I think they figure that if anything happens to a guy, like the car breaks down or something, that they can fix it & there is a less likely chance that they will get hurt in the process. I call my parents almost every day, my brother only calls tham maybe once a week, if that. If I don't call them, they are calling me to make sure everything is ok. Yesterday, I even got am email from my dad asking if I was ok beause I never responded to one that he sent me on Tuesday! The problem was, that I never got the 1st email that he sent me. :oops:

That's sweet! It can feel a little oppressive at times, but it shows the immense love parents have for their "babies" even when they're grown up. :)

that's exactly why i want another boy. they may be tougher to raise, but you worry less...

buckytom said:
that's exactly why i want another boy. they may be tougher to raise, but you worry less...

Bucky I think you'd be beside yourself with worry with a little girl! ;) At least bucky jr will break you in a bit! Worry is good--you're a kind, caring daddy.

I love my parents dearly & I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without them!

Bucky, that's not nessecaraly true. My hubby has 2 older brothers & my MIL worries if she dosen't hear from them every day. She called me the night my hubby left for California crying because he hadn't called her! She started asking me as soon as I answered the phone if his plane had landed ok & it he was still alive. I had to yell at her to get her to calm down! I had not even heard from him yet because it was still about an hour brfore his plane was even due to land! She drove me crazy that whole week. All I heard from her was "Oh what if he gets hurt out there? What if there's an earthquake?" I got all kinds of what if's that week. She will worry herself to death one day I'm afraid. I know that all parents are diffrent & some worry less than others. I worry about my kids & always will, but I try to take it all in stride & keep a positive look on things.

Don't worry, PA. As buckytom, crewsk, me, and many others will tell you - the benefits FAR outweigh the risks! You will be amazed at the surge of ferocity you will feel in protecting your child from dangers.

Grrrooowwwwwllllll............

mudbug said:
They say you never really know what fear is until you have a child.

I fear both of my children greatly! :LOL:

But to be serious, when my daughter was born so early & had an extended hospital stay, I didn't know what I would do if I had've lost her. I know that I still would have had my son, but it was the scariest thing in the world to see my baby go through 2 blood transfusions, countless needles & tests, & all the monitors. Everytime she would stop breathing, my heart would stop until she would start back. My son, even though he was only 3 at the time, had the most courage I have ever seen. I would take him in to see his sister & he would sit in my lap & pray outloud for all the babies in there, not just for his sister. Then he would hug me & tell me everything would be ok. It was amazing when he'd walk up to her incubator, she would almost smile at him. Have you ever seen a 2 pound baby smile? It is an amazing sight! She knew that he was there even though she was so small. That is when I learned about true fear for my children.

i spent the better part of 39 years living nearly free of worry and responsibility. zero stress.
after only 8 months, my beard is turning white, and all i do is think about if everything is being taken care of, and is everyone ok...

buckytom said:
i spent the better part of 39 years living nearly free of worry and responsibility. zero stress.
after only 8 months, my beard is turning white, and all i do is think about if everything is being taken care of, and is everyone ok...

DH was just saying the other night that when our time comes he knows he'll be like this. He's already worried about not worrying--not a good sign! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom