What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Nothing like a nice Sunday morning brekkie! (Especially after a night out!)

Scrambled eggs
Pan fried potatoes with onion, red pepper & rosemary
Sauteed mushrooms
Turkey bacon (I had Quorn bacon)
Beans
Nice thick malted grain toast
Fresh squeeze orange juice!

So tasty!!! I don't think I'll be eating lunch today! :-p

redkitty said:
Nothing like a nice Sunday morning brekkie! (Especially after a night out!)

Scrambled eggs
Pan fried potatoes with onion, red pepper & rosemary
Sauteed mushrooms
Turkey bacon (I had Quorn bacon)
Beans
Nice thick malted grain toast
Fresh squeeze orange juice!

So tasty!!! I don't think I'll be eating lunch today! :-p

Sounds yummy - but the beans threw me ?

Sunday is when we usually have a more substantial breakfast and eat a little later than other days of the week.

Today we're having toasted bagels with cream cheese, browned pork sausage patties, soft scrambled eggs and tea.

Our breakfast will be accompanied by the Sunday paper and quite a few pairs of eyes looking up at us from the floor in hopes of a plate to lick.:) They know it's Sunday when I put the empty bowl on the floor that had the beaten eggs in when I scramble the eggs.

We had a pecan gem coffee cake from Buskins. Then we walked the dogs before it got too hot and then made strawberry/blueberry smoothies. I usually make a large Sunday breakfast, but its too darn hot today.

scratch pancakes, jumbo fresh link sausage (Amish made), fruit (mellon and bananas) Guatemala coffee dark roast. The rest of the week Irish oatmeal and fruit...I make a big pot of it and then nuke servings each morning. I like the real stuff...chewy and good.

cereal and than a little while later a Egg, Cheese and Sausage Patty on a bagel sandwich.

Homemade Sausage Egg n Cheese + HashBrowns

served with orange juice.

I normally skip breakfast but when I do it, I do it right.

Right now its coffee (butter pecan) and when I get home from my drive it will be bacon and eggs for the sleepover girls and maybe some pancakes too. Depends on how hot it is when I get home.

Boring!

Would you believe we only have oatmeal for breakfast? Any day is OATMEAL. All your ideas sound so good to me. Some days I fix breakfast differently for myself. They all feel oatmeal is supposedly the BEST for you. We get the steel cut oats w/honey and nuts and berries. No variety at all.

I love all the suggestions. Sure makes me hungry but who likes to fix two different type of breakfast? they would never eat eggs. Now you know why I sound odd when I post. BORING!

Mango, then a cup of ginger tea and buttered bread with sunflower seeds. I am boring in the morning unless we have a brunch or the occasional day of brewed masala tea but still with buttered bread. I also eat breakfast the other way round, I prefer to start my mornings with fruit.

parsnip kimchi, and iced green tea.

omg, the kimchi stinks, but it's soooo good. i'm not allowed to keep it in the office fridge, nor eat it anywhere nearby, especially for breakfast.

What?

buckytom said:
parsnip kimchi, and iced green tea.

omg, the kimchi stinks, but it's soooo good. i'm not allowed to keep it in the office fridge, nor eat it anywhere nearby, especially for breakfast.

Okay this is something, never heard of could you please tell me what parsnip kimchi is? I know parsnips but kimchi? Must be really noticeable. Thanks buckytom. You already know you aren't like the norm, right? Always try something different.

Hope the birds are still doing okay.

hiya itk, parsnip kimchi is the same thing as regular korean kimchi, but made with small, peeled parsnips.

regular kimchi is sliced napa cabbage that's mixed with hot spices and garlic, put into a brine, and fermented. but i've had cucumber, radish, and scallion kimchis. and of course now, parsnips.

it stinks like the worst pair of old sweatsocks on a radiator that you've ever smelled, but it tastes good, and is healthy for you.

just call me abby. abby normal. :)

and thanks for asking, the birds are well. we now have 4 cats, the 2 birds, and 3 hermit crabs.

Back
Top Bottom