What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buckytom, it seems like you and I both eat some unusual things for breakfast. Though I like a traditional breakfast now and then of bacon and eggs, I really prefer fruit, and then whatever I'm in the mood for. LPBeier, the English muffin sounds good, but I would never have a Dr. Pepper and a chocolate chip cookie lol , to each his own I guess!

Amber, ya, my DH has very strange food habits sometimes. Like today, I made toast by broiling some ciabata buns and butter and he puts cheese whiz and maple syrup on it! I just liked it plain....with my usual protien shake (banana pineapple this time). At least he didn't have a Dr. Pepper today!

Scrambled egg whites with cherry toms & fresh parsley, 2 pieces of Quorn bacon and a very large mug of dark roast coffee with sugar!!!!! YUM!

cora, i wonder if they eat dutch babies in the netherlands?
sorta like a lucky rabbit's foot ain't so lucky if you're the rabbit. :huh:

ambuh, i've always eaten weird stuff for breakfast, but have good ol' eggs, toast, and some kind of traditional meat once a week also, usually sundays.

i get the odd eating habits from many years of getting home at 7 or 8am, from either work or play :cool:. i'd end up eating leftovers, or even cook a full dinner type meal.
i tend to crave salty stuff, then protein, then a dessert - often chocolate, before i'd sleep during the day like a vampire.

blah!

today was leftover mexican food: shrimp enchiladas with rice, chopped tomatoes, and guac.

Last edited:
I have 2 eggs and several bacon slices (I didn't count them, but it looks like 4 or 5) sitting on the counter coming to room temperature right now. These will be accompanied by two slices of some number of grains (either 7, 9 or multi, I forget which) toast with butter and strawberry preserves, and a cup or two of fresh, dark roasted Costa Rican coffee from my co-worker's coffee plantation, which I spent about an hour last week-end putting into pods.

cora, i wonder if they eat dutch babies in the netherlands?
sorta like a lucky rabbit's foot ain't so lucky if you're the rabbit. :huh:

ambuh, i've always eaten weird stuff for breakfast, but have good ol' eggs, toast, and some kind of traditional meat once a week also, usually sundays.

i get the odd eating habits from many years of getting home at 7 or 8am, from either work or play :cool:. i'd end up eating leftovers, or even cook a full dinner type meal.
i tend to crave salty stuff, then protein, then a dessert - often chocolate, before i'd sleep during the day like a vampire.

blah!

today was leftover mexican food: shrimp enchiladas with rice, chopped tomatoes, and guac.

BT, I agree. Sometimes, I just have whatever leftovers are in the refrigerator for breakfast. I get tired of eating the traditional breakfast foods. Some of my favorites are Asian food, spaghetti, pizza, a taco, etc.

This morning I used leftover taco meat and made a breakfast burrito with a scrambled egg, the taco meat, cheese, onion, diced tomatoes, etc.

I have a lot of running around to do today, so I'm going to be breakfasting outside the home. Ther is a restaurant chain here called Carrows, and if I remember correctly, they still serve a Monte Cristo for brunch, covered in powdered sugar, and strawberry preserves on the side.
heelclick2.gif

I used corazon's Dutch Baby recipe (see post #86), reduced the quantities slightly and baked in an 8 inch CI. I topped it with yogurt and blueberries, and it made quite a breakfast.

French toast and Farmer John breakfast sausages, with real butter and real Vermont maple syrup.

DH and I resumed our Sunday breakfast date today..Sat and had coffee, then our breakfast, he had pancakes and syrup and fruit, I pigged out and had bacon,eggs,country potatoes,toast ...Wonderful, the best part though was just being able to go out and enjoy this treat again.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom