What's for breakfast, Friday October 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Made some killer biscuits with butter flavor shortening, buttermilk, heavy cream and milk. Heavenly!!! :angel: Creamy scrambled eggs with a touch of butter and cream. Added some hot chocolate frothed milk. The kids were in heaven eating breakfast today instead of their usual wheat and fiber cereal. Sometimes we splurge on a good, southern comfort breakfast. What are you having for breakfast OR brunch this morning?

I had a bowl of cold cereal, 1 piece of toast, and coffee. My usual weekly fare! :neutral:

However tomorrow, Saturday, I will have a settin of Eggs, a loaf of toast, a pan of biscuits, a pound of bacon, a jar of jelly, a pot of coffee, and a whole bucket of grits!!!!! :clap:

I was running late, so I didn't have my usual Ovaltine, but I do have two slices of banana nut bread for midmorning snack.

I had a bowl of cold cereal, 1 piece of toast, and coffee. My usual weekly fare! :neutral:

However tomorrow, Saturday, I will have a settin of Eggs, a loaf of toast, a pan of biscuits, a pound of bacon, a jar of jelly, a pot of coffee, and a whole bucket of grits!!!!! :clap:
Can I come over tomorrow Uncle Bob? How do you make the grits? I've been wanting to make them for my husband as he's, in part, from New Orleans.

No breakfast here this morning either, but for tomorrow I did pick up some whole wheat rolls & a package of Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage patties. Tomorrow morning I'll be making egg, sausage, & cheese breakfast sandwiches - my favorite!!

Monday through Saturday we have a pretty spartan breakfast. Usually just toast, cereal, etc. and something to drink. Sunday is when we go all out. Sort of like Uncle Bob describes. I have more time on Sunday and try to make breakfast/brunch special.

sunday is the big day here too, since i work so many different hours that i can never be sure if i'm just waking up or going to sleep, monday through saturday.
when i'm working days, i usually just eat a bit of each of the raw fruits and veggies that i prepare for my birds. everyday, my feathered buddies get a fruit and 2 veg, and some kind of starch. apples, oranges, grapes, melons, pears, peaches, plums, carrots, celery, zucchini, cukes, peppers, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, whole wheat and/or nutty bread, and nuked sweet or regular potatoes,. i guess it's a pretty healthy brekkie, really.

that said, this morning's breakfast, after a midnight shift, was a leftover chicken leg, salt and vinegar chips, a coupla hot dogs (from grey's papaya - eat your heart out tatt! ;)) with mustard, onions and kraut, and leftover miso soup.
i guess i was craving salt.

the birds got navel orange segments, zucchini sticks, a cubed cuke, and some salt and venegar chips. :)

Last edited:
Buckytom (with apologies for the little OT interlude) - what types of birds do you have?

I used to raise Australian finches, lorikeets, cockatiels, & Red-Rump parakeets, & now have a pet Citron-Crested Cockatoo. They do love their fruits & veggies, don't they.

breezy, i have an african grey, who just passed his 20th birthday, and a 14 year old molluccan cocatoo.
yes, they sure do love their fruits and veggies. and whatever else they can get their beaks on, as soon as i leave the room. :(

Uncle Bob, what is your cholesterol level? And YT I hope you are trying to give up the cigs. As a former cancer patient and one who has had to deal with deep vein thrombosis, I get a little preachy sometimes. Sorry, but I do care.

That's wonderful Buckytom!! And yes, I am all too familiar with how destructive these little devilettes can be when one's back is turned for even a nanosecond - lol!! I've always been enchanted by African Greys, but steered away because of their reputation of being "one-person" birds, something I've previously been thru with a Quaker parakeet & didn't want to repeat.

To keep this food-related, I will say that my bird goes NUTS over breakfast sandwiches, knows when I'm making them, & won't let up until she gets her tiny little portion of whole-wheat bun, egg, cheese, & teensy-tinesy piece of turkey sausage, ham, or Spam. :chef:

I don't usually make an early breakfast, but today it was five pieces of bacon, three eggs over easy..... fried in the bacon grease of course, white toast with butter spread and coffee.

Back
Top Bottom