What's For Dinner 02/23/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad and sister are coming to visit and it's birthday time. Hers was yesterday, Dad's is today so we'll be going out. Not sure where at this point but I'll enjoy not having to come up with a meal!

I am brining a small whole chicken for roasting tonight. We will have pilaf and a tossed salad with it.

We are combining our lunch and dinner since dh has been going to the church to work on the scenery for the passion play in the late afternoon. Today I made small steaks, red beans and rice and a broccoli salad. We had a slice of cranberry nut bread and coffee later. Our church puts on the North Florida Passion Play just before Easter and it takes lots of workers.

vegetable beef soup is bubbling away. has country ribs in bite size, carrots, parsnip, onion , green beans, asparagus ( needed to be used) celery , various herbs, beef broth and stewed tomatoes. smells good , think i will make green chili, cheese corn muffins, to go with it.

it made tons of soup, time to call the granddaughter and give her some.

Last edited:
If i feel better a stuffed pork roast, if not..soup or leftovers.

I am making the pork roast and here's what I did....

I slit the roast lengthwise (butterlfly) and pounded it it out some. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic, then spread stuffing mixe over it. The rolled it up jellyroll style, tied it, seared it in a hot pan and now have it roasting on a 350 degree oven. I am also baking sweet potatoes.

Homemade Minestrone soup topped with grated romano and parmesan cheese and french bread and butter to dip.

img_880080_0_470cb52d61653560739aa05fe5424e09.jpg

img_880080_1_e21a5f481542c799fbb3d4e4e3515ae0.jpg

Made three :dizzy: pans of lasagna today! Baked up the largest one and froze the other two. Used the homemade sauce I made last week; still have one tub of it left for spaghetti some other night.

28872-albums241-picture2199.jpg

Made a simple salad to go with it. Have enough leftovers for DH's lunch tomorrow plus for one meal for both us and my SIL & her hubby. She'll pick her's up tomorrow along with a tub of Brunswick stew...made a ten-quart kettle of that too! I'll post a bowl of that tomorrow...

made three :dizzy: Pans of lasagna today! Baked up the largest one and froze the other two. Used the homemade sauce i made last week; still have one tub of it left for spaghetti some other night.

28872-albums241-picture2199.jpg

made a simple salad to go with it. Have enough leftovers for dh's lunch tomorrow plus for one meal for both us and my sil & her hubby. She'll pick her's up tomorrow along with a tub of brunswick stew...made a ten-quart kettle of that too! I'll post a bowl of that tomorrow...
yummy!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom