What's for dinner 10/28/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't feel up for much cooking so I made another attempt at Alfredo sauce. I've been trying to make it with just the butter and freshly grated cheese (I used Pecorino Romano). I was really careful with the temperature of the butter, but the cheese just didn't "dissolve" very much. There were lots of little strings of the cheese, the way it was grated. There were two lumps. Maybe the butter wasn't hot enough this time. Oh well, the attempts sure taste good.

gather round fellow gastronauts,this is how the tale unfolds:ermm:.i was seeking inspiration for tonights repast & stumbled upon a jar of preserved lemons that i had made last spring & forgotten about,ah hah,thought i,for i also remembered a long forgotten stewing pack of cheap cuts of lamb languishing in the dingy depths of my freezer,next to mr yamamoto...you remember mr y...the japanese soldier who didn't know the war had ended?..no?...anyway the thought of said two foodstuffs transported me to the exotic warmth of morocco & the equally exotic warmth of laila who i met under a star filled sky in the night market of marrakech.laila taught me a few things,steady in the ranks:rolleyes:,including tagine cookery.so laila if you are reading this,in the words of rod stewart "think of me & try not to laugh" harry & laila's ras el hanout lamb tagine with jewelled giant saffron cous cous

This looks lovely! Warm and comforting yet completely delicious!

CG, has it crossed your mind that the potato and leek soup just isn't meant to be?:LOL:
Perhaps, since the soup didn't happen again! When we were done running around it was late, so we thought about stopping somewhere on the way home. We couldn't agree on where to stop though, so we came home and cleaned out all the rest of the little bits and bites of leftovers. I'm guessing the soup WILL happen tomorrow since I'm officially out of leftovers!

Harry, I am not a fan of lamb, but that dish has me salivating! Yum, yum, yum! It's absolutely fabulous looking, I bet it tastes fantastic! I really appreciate your artful display of ingredients all ending in a crescendo of loveliness on a plate!
thanks sb,much appreciated,we eat with our eye's first i guess:chef:!!that's "tagine magic"for you sb!!,it bubbles away under it's hat for hour's,veg etc don't over cook,the meat just falls off the bone & the depth of flavour is amazing.'cos of the long/slow cooking you can use the cheapest cuts of meat which usually have the most flavour:yum:!!

That looks so good. I need to learn to make that. Internet study here I come.
cheers p.a.g!i cooked & posted this one last year.basically the same but i used the preserved lemons(instead of lemon juice)that i made earlier this year,smoked instead of regular paprika,some ground fennel seeds & cardamom powder too...enjoy!!oh yeah,ras el hanout should also have crushed/dried rose petals in the mix,i just didn't have time to drive into bolton to get some from one of the asian stores
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f51/harry-and-lailas-lamb-tagine-81287.html

This looks lovely! Warm and comforting yet completely delicious!
it was,thanks toffee!!

Wow, that plate has a lot going on. It looks outstanding, Harry.
cheers pac,much appreciated:chef:!dead,dead simply too...just fry up your onions with your dry spices,chuck everything else in,put the hat back on,slowest simmer possible(barely bubbling liquid)for 3hrs(don't take the hat off,the flavour is in the steam!!)chick peas in 20 mins from the end.bish bash bosh...done!!

We had a boring but completely delicious dinner. Grilled striploin steaks with sauteed mushrooms, spinach salad and multicoloured rice. I made homemade sesame sauce to go with the steaks. I swear I could drink that stuff its so good. I might have had one too many glasses of wine. Oops.
steak & mushroom?boring?not in my book alix & the sesame sauce sounds fabberooney,particularly as i like my asian grub...any chance of a receep:chef:?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom