What's For Dinner 12th October?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whiskadoodle said:
Chopper, I did'nt go as far as you did. If i had to sit down to wait, I would have settled in there and not got up again. I had the pizza come to my door.

I worked really hard in the garden today turning the soil over where annuals and veggies grew all summer. I think I might have dug up my tarragon and some purple plant I didn't mean to dig up. Oops. It was fun, sort of, and then I raked the first layer of leaves. I should have stopped sooner.

I don't live where they will deliver. I'm a country bumpkin. The best I can do is to stop by on the way home. :)

I'm sitting at Pizza Hut waiting for my dinner to take home. I know...home made is better, but I am not in the mood to do much of anything. Long day!

We make our own, but we still love Pizza Hut :yum:

What pizza did you get Chops?

Kinda a lite meal for us tonight. I cooked some flounder filets in browned butter and added sides of couscous cooked with chicken broth and herbs, some buttered baby peas, then iced tea. We munched on the peanut butter cookies I made this morning for our dessert,

That sounds lovely Katie :chef:

We went to our new fave Italian restaurant. Had seafood bruschetta and split the lasagna, which also included a salad and garlic bread, which we also split.

DL, that restaurant sounds like it serves lovely meals :)

We have a nice Italian restaurant near by...caled Chenzo's, it is very good :)

We went to our new fave Italian restaurant. Had seafood bruschetta and split the lasagna, which also included a salad and garlic bread, which we also split.

I had Kohinoor's Achari Mushroom Curry with leftover brown basmati rice. Too lazy to cook. It's really tasty.

I was looking for this topic because I'm playing with my camera and trying to do better at photography...

Tonight was steak and twice baked potatoes. I found three filet mignons in the last day discount section at Von's (Safeway). It's funny how people turn down mature steaks... I have a friend who purposefully leaves his steaks in the fridge until at least the sell-by date, and swears they taste better. (I froze the other two steaks.)

Steak, twice baked potatoes, sour cream, chopped green onions, horseradish at 6t o'clock... So here's the food photograph:

Last edited:
Greg, I sure hoped you saved a bite for me. It looks great!

I might try a different colored plate, perhaps cobalt or purple?

Last edited:
As it turns out I do have part of the steak left, but I think my doggie has dibsies on it! :)

I first heard about twice baked potatoes (as a casserole) on ABC's Good Morning America, and read about individually stuffed potatoes from Elsie Bauer's cookbook Simply Recipes. She has two versions, one stuffed with cheddar cheese and bacon, the other stuffed with bleu cheese and chives. I had bleu cheese and green onions so I went with that.

Twice baked potatoes is a very popular recipe. I have these recipes plus another from Joy of Cooking cookbook by Rombaeur and Becker posted on my own website (in my own words to avoid copyright infringement). My website often hits #2 or #3 page ranks for my Thai recipes but the twice baked potato page doesn't show in even the top 100 ranks on Google.

I'm hesitant to post my recipes on DC because DC is so high traffic that my own page ranks get sucked into a black hole when I post my recipes here. :) In case anybody ever wondered... :)

Three (two for me) 6 ounce burgers fried in butter 2 3/4 minutes each side, under a grill press, and served on toasted sesame seed buns; topped with sliced onion, sliced tomato, and a mayo-horseradish-minced sweet pickle dressing.

Kylie1969 said:
We make our own, but we still love Pizza Hut :yum:

What pizza did you get Chops?

We actually got the "big box". A pepperoni pizza, a green pepper pizza, bread sticks, and pizza rolls. I had a salad too! I like the pizza with peppers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom