What's For Dinner 12th October?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight, we had Tandoori Chicken Salad, with a yoghurt and lime dressing...delicious :yum:

Tandoori%2520Chicken%2520Salad.png

That looks great :) Once again I would have passed on the chicken lol! Think I should try that with lamb.
It's been raining all day, couldn't walk to the shop in this weather for fresh veg. Atleast we had a nice crisp salad and pickles with our Rueben burgers last night.
I'll make some curry mayo baked beans on wholewheat toast with boerewors and tomorrow it's self service. I'm turning "13" so no cooking. Either someone else does it or they can eat 2 min noodles lol!

Last edited:
Have a performance tonight and two on Sat and again on Sunday so not much cooking at my house this weekend. Tonight I'll set out all the leftovers and folks can warm up what they want. There's chicken and rice, stuffing, broccoli, lasagna and salad fixings.

My daughter, SIL and grandson are coming over to help move some furniture in the LR. I'm making a big pot of American Chop Suey (slumgullion, goulash) for dinner.

"Date night" at our friends' tonight, and we are celebrating his passing a test he needed to take a better job offer. Chili is on the menu tonight. :yum::yum:

Baked sweet potatos w/sweet potato butter, stuffed center cut porkchops............will toss in a quartered apple part way thru the baking, fresh stringbeans w/almonds & a few half grape tomatos, already made the rice pudding this morning w/lots of cinnamon & nutmeg (sired right into the pudding while cooking), maybe a small salad...................

Last night we had a nice grilled steak and I tried a new recipe for frozen pierogi..............
the Pierogi recipe had you wrap a piece of bacon around each (thawed) spinach & cheese pierogi......springle brown sugar ...and bake for 30minutes..............next time I will put sliced onions on top of the pierogi THEN wrap in bacon & bake (no brown sugar------------it was overkill---but still tasted very good........served with sour cream for those who wanted (or need it)...................

Thank you Snip :)

Yes, I do think it would work just as lovely with lamb ;)

That looks great :) Once again I would have passed on the chicken lol! Think I should try that with lamb.
It's been raining all day, couldn't walk to the shop in this weather for fresh veg. Atleast we had a nice crisp salad and pickles with our Rueben burgers last night.
I'll make some curry mayo baked beans on wholewheat toast with boerewors and tomorrow it's self service. I'm turning "13" so no cooking. Either someone else does it or they can eat 2 min noodles lol!

Thanks so much P :)

It was really tasty, with that slight heat from the tandoori chicken, of which the yoghurt dressing cooled down and the salad was so refreshing :yum:

And that's exactly what it looked like :yum:

I'll be making my Vortex Grill burger for dinner tonight.

Thinking soup and grilled cheese sandwiches... Got two butts to put on in the morning though...

I'm sitting at Pizza Hut waiting for my dinner to take home. I know...home made is better, but I am not in the mood to do much of anything. Long day!

Chopper, I did'nt go as far as you did. If i had to sit down to wait, I would have settled in there and not got up again. I had the pizza come to my door.

I worked really hard in the garden today turning the soil over where annuals and veggies grew all summer. I think I might have dug up my tarragon and some purple plant I didn't mean to dig up. Oops. It was fun, sort of, and then I raked the first layer of leaves. I should have stopped sooner.

Kinda a lite meal for us tonight. I cooked some flounder filets in browned butter and added sides of couscous cooked with chicken broth and herbs, some buttered baby peas, then iced tea. We munched on the peanut butter cookies I made this morning for our dessert,

Grilled up a few skirt steaks. Thought about making lettuce wraps. That is if I can find a recipe for them. This is what happens when you put the cart before the horse. :huh: Don't cook when your starving.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom