What's for Dinner 13 November, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Okay, so it's 6:51am, I've already done a load of laundry, changed the linens on my bed, had coffee and a banana muffin (it was a bit stale but a pop in the microwave fixed that....waste not, want not we say on the dole). I was up at 5...:ermm:

Lou is taking Friday off so he'll be up tonight, yay for me. So, tonight will be like Friday night with tapas and cheese. Yes, and cocktails. Are you surprised?

Mushrooms stuffed with pumpkin, cranberries, carmelized onion and feta.
Honey roasted chicken wingettes
Sausage and provolone in puff pastry sprials
Aged gouda (it's so wonderful with tiny crystal like crunchy bits)
cinnamon roasted apple slices
city pretzels

The cocktail this evening is a Maimie something or other. It has scotch, ginger ale, lime juice... Does it really matter what's in it, anyway???:angel:

Have a wonderful day everyone, and do let's all hear what is for dinner this evening.

Going out tonight since DW is going to Maryland with her sister to help with my nephew's open house party on Saturday. Road trip for the girls and I'm left to my own devices. Hmmmmmm, what sort of trouble can I get into....?

If I get the Panini press I ordered delivered today I will make some chicken sandwiches and expriment with a few vaiations on a french loaf with a few cheeses and different veggies. I will also put together my very first French Onion Soup. If not its leftovers.

I think I'm going to toss some wings on the grill. I haven't decided on the sauce yet.

I might make baked ziti , it's our 26th wedding anniversary. Hubby would take me out to eat if I wanted but I don't want to. I'm such a homebody , I really don't enjoy eating out.

After reading VB's menu.... I'm gonna look like a kid with a Betty Crocker Easy Bake oven. UGH, no clue yet, still trying to get my eyes to stay open!!

Hmmm...I think its going to be bacon cheddar meatloaf here. Which reminds me I better go take out the burger.

I'll check in here later and see if something else inspires me.

I have some center cut pork chops in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, potatoes and onions, I'll add some carrots later ( I dont like the strong taste they give off when cooked too long)........
I'll probably make some rice and broccoli as well.....

I think dinner will be pasta, not yet sure if it will include bolognese sauce or ali olio (with shrimp) and a nice green salad. Desssert will be chocolate pots de créme.

Happy anniversary, LadyCook!

I'm thinking it's a gourmet alfredo/chicken pizza day.

And Happy Anniversary, LadyCook!

Yesterday's meatloaf is sitting in the fridge ready to be cooked. I will still do the baked potatoes, but if we still don't have the water turned back on (unless DH can go fill our bottles which are both empty from using for cleaning, drinking, brushing teeth, washing up, etc), I will switch up the broccoli for a salad.

Or, if we do have to evacuate, it will be burgers at Red Robin.

Dinner tonight will be Beef Bourguignon ( THANKS Qsis) only... I'm leaving the roast whole instead of cutting it in to cubes.

Serving it with garlic mashed potatoes and the last of the gardens tomatoes.

Going out tonight since DW is going to Maryland with her sister to help with my nephew's open house party on Saturday. Road trip for the girls and I'm left to my own devices. Hmmmmmm, what sort of trouble can I get into....?

Careful Joe.......you have neighbors watching!;):ohmy:

It's bar food for me tonight. It's my bowling night. I'm thinking of making broccoli cheese soup for dh. Ds is working.

Barb

Congratulations LadyCook61!! May you have many more good years together!

Last edited:
Pot pies and frozen spring rolls.
Those are the only things I couldn't rearrange or throw out to make room in the freezer for the turkey I am buying today.

A whole chicken had to come out to thaw (on the counter none the less...at least for a while shhhh), and I had to throw away 3 ancient items.
Not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom