Whats for dinner 18th Feb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, GB that menu sounds great. If I was going to dinner there I would have a hard time making up my mind also. Here is what I would have:

OVEN-BAKED CRAB CAKES
[FONT=Quay Sans,Quay Sans]Made from King Crab, placed over a warm Asian coleslaw, drizzled with chili mayonnaise. Served with rice pilaf and vegetable du jour. 18.99[/FONT][FONT=Quay Sans,Quay Sans]

I have decided to make taco salad for my dinner tonight. I have been wanting to make it all week, but just have not gotten around to it.
[/FONT]

I'm stumped

Michelemarie said:
Buckytom, how is your wife feeling? how are you doing - taking care of everyone is a work!

Tonight, it will be sticky chicken, roasted red and white potatoes with onions OR potatoe snow balls (haven't decided) - brocolli with cheese sauce - possibly a salad (if I'm in the mood) and rolls - of course, lets not forget the wine.

For dessert, chocolate truffle and caramel pie.

I'm stumped- just what is sticky chicken? I've heard of sticky rice, but never chicken. Always looking fo new ideas

the round up: happy birthday peppa, hope you feel better kadesma, happy birthday cora's neighbor, phil: you suck :) , and yes jap1148 (you really need to make your username more, shall we say, easy for us lazy bunch to abbreviate without insulting an entire nation), what the heck is sticky chicken m squared?

GB - can't wait to hear how your dinner went - I am sure you had a nice time.

Jkath - how did the scampi turn out - did you do rice or angel hair - like I said, I am making it this week, I think I may be angel hair - what's your favorite?

Buckytom and Jap1148 - sticky chicken is a dish I make in the crock pot. I actually made it years ago but someone brought it up here somewhere recently, and it jogged my memory. The recipe is as follows - and I apologize if I should not be posting it here, someone let me know if this is a booboo:

Sticky Chicken

4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 t sp white pepper
1/2 ts garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 c chopped onions

Combine all spices. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, inside and out(of course, first take off your rings (heehee:mrgreen: ) and clean it and take giblets out first). Please in reseable bag and refrigerate over night. Put chicken in crockpot with no liquid. Cook on low 8 hours. This will be make its own juices and be very tender!

Now guys, I used a huge purdue stuffer (almost 8 lbs - hated putting that beautiful bird in the crock but I needed a big one). Anyways, This bird had its own temp and this thing was done in 5 hours - which is what has been happening alot to me with this crock pot - I hardly ever cook anything for 8 hrs anymore - even though most crock recipes calls for that. I made a gravy with some of the pan juices, but it really isn't needed. Oh, and another tip, if you don't care what the bird looks like, I usually cook my birds breast side down so all the juices run into the white meat - very tasty.

MichelleMarie- Thanks for the recipe for sticky chicken- I do believe that will be dinner Wedsnesday night- My daughter has lessons that night so I need recipes I can have ready when I get home from work-one of those eat and go nights, you know? And BuckyTom, I'll work on a new screen name so as not to "alienate" anyone :)

buckytom, jp would be just fine- hate to have to make you concentrate on being politically correct instead of concentrating on cooking!:LOL: By the by, how's the weather out joisey way? you guys seem to have gotten hit pretty good on the East coast- WNY dodged the bullet with the last storm...

Back
Top Bottom