What's for Dinner 27 Dec 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow - almost 2 PM and no dinner thread yet. I'll start.....

We are having fried haddock left over from Christmas Eve dinner, green and yellow beans, carrots, and scalloped potatoes. I may have a bowl of clam chowder to start off.

What is everyone else having?

I just got back from the town grocer. I picked up some of their fried chicken and had to stop myself from eating all eight pieces it was so good. I didn't want to spoil my appetite for prime rib tonight. The small roast is already sitting on the counter losing it's chill.

Christmas Eve leftovers here too!

I have a ball of dough left from Christmas Eve along with enough odds and ends to make a small pizza. A rather dilapidated bag salad will serve as a side.

sooo,fellow gastronauts,it was portuguese cataplana last night.tonight we are still on the iberian penninsular,but this time it is spain.galicia to be precise.the galicians love their octopus & so do i:yum:!!so yes,you guessed,it's chicken tonight...just kidding:rolleyes:!!my take on a galician octopus stew incorporating the moorish/north african influences in spanish cuisine,with the use of chickpeas & my trusty tagine.had a nice north atlantic octopiddle tenderising in the freezer for the last few days,had some of the roasted red pepper/tomato sauce & anchovy stuffed olives left over from yesterdays cataplana.had a chorizo iberico piccante,made using iberian black footed(pata negra)pig & some spanish capucine capers in the fridge.chickpeas in the cupboard,crack on!!defrosted,cleaned & chopped up the octo,diced the chorizo,chucked it all in the tagine with a splash of white wine,lid on,90 mins on the slightest simmer,bish bash bosh...done!!
harry's spanish octopus stew with chorizo & chickpeas.chilled la gitana manzanilla sherry colder,drier & more salty than a spanish seadogs lips...ahh hahhhhh,jim lad!!

Attachments

• SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 001.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 001.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 154
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 002.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 002.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 153
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 003.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 003.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 151
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 004.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 004.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 151
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 005.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 005.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 162
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 006.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 006.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 163
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 007.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 007.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 154
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 008.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 008.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 204
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 009.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 009.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 156
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 010.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 010.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 155
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 011.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 011.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 156
  • SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 016.JPG
    SPANISH OCTOPUS STEW 016.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 147
Today will be the reverse of yesterday. I'll have some leftover chicken in a quesadilla and SO will have leftover rib roast.

I have no idea what we will do for supper. I seem to have my appetite back. Stirling is still asleep, so I don't know how his appetite is doing. Yesterday soda crackers made him vomit, so have to be careful.

My neighbour made some very lean turkey soup and is giving me some for my dinner and she made a full plate of turkey dinner for TB.

This is so awesome having people help us with food. Usually I am the one arranging it for others. I feel so blessed.

Costco rotisserie chicken, egg noodles with lots of butter and edamame with lots of butter. I like butter. (grin)

Two pieces of See's chocolate for dessert.

Backstrap (venison stk) & pierogies
39817-albums960-picture5786.jpg
w/garlic,mushroom,spinach,onion, evoo.

harry's spanish octopus stew with chorizo & chickpeas.chilled la gitana manzanilla sherry colder,drier & more salty than a spanish seadogs lips...ahh hahhhhh,jim lad!!

hmmm, maybe if you turned the suction cup thingies over... :ermm:
:LOL:

It looks great, but I'd have to substitute out the octopus. That is one fishy I have never been attracted to. Maybe shrimp or something else on the firm side :yum:

Poutine (leftover turkey, turkey gravy, curds, peas and carrots). Blanched the potatoes,drained the potatoes, coated them with a bit of flour and cornstarch, chilpolte, deep fried for 10 minutes until crispy and layered in a bowl.

Please don't take offense, but that thing is really disgusting looking! LOL But at least it doesn't have shells to be removed.

We had French Canadian pea soup again. Stirling isn't tolerating much food, so, since this worked well yesterday, we did it again. It's also easy. Still tasty, but I could get tired of this.

We had French Canadian pea soup again. Stirling isn't tolerating much food, so, since this worked well yesterday, we did it again. It's also easy. Still tasty, but I could get tired of this.

Oh I love that stuff. Haven't had it in years. Home made with bits of ham in it???

We did a "fair food" exchange today, trading what we each have too much of in our refrigerators. Following this, we went to the store to buy "ju$t a few item$" to round out stocking up the cupboards. Then we went to a neighborhood Chinese buffet for no reason.

We did a "fair food" exchange today, trading what we each have too much of in our refrigerators. Following this, we went to the store to buy "ju$t a few item$" to round out stocking up the cupboards. Then we went to a neighborhood Chinese buffet for no reason.

Who did you do that with, Whisk? That sounds like a nice idea for a close community.

Back
Top Bottom