What's for dinner? 3-12-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been having a craving for Shrimp or Crab Louie - it's been a while since I've had that. I don't have any shrimp, but I have surimi, and the other ingredients.

So, it might be Krab Louie. :)

What's on your plate? :chef:

DD wanted to order sandwiches. I just got a 1/4 lb. roast beef and shared some Fritos.

I've been having a craving for Shrimp or Crab Louie - it's been a while since I've had that. I don't have any shrimp, but I have surimi, and the other ingredients.

So, it might be Krab Louie. :)

What's on your plate? :chef:
You know, that does sound good! Do you dress it with a standard Louie dressing, or do you have something special that you whip up?

You know, that does sound good! Do you dress it with a standard Louie dressing, or do you have something special that you whip up?

Hi, Joel. There are so many different variations, but this time I just made a simple 1000 Island dressing - one cup mayo with 1/4 cup chili sauce. (I'll have a lot leftover for salads the next few days). Sometimes I've added a little finely chopped green bell, and/or some pickle relish.

My grandson will be here at 4, so I just wanted to whip something together real quick so it will be done and ready when he gets picked up at 5:30. I'll post a dinner pic if it's presentable. :LOL:

I remember this being a topic a couple of years ago with Kayelle!

Here's some more info, have to go for now!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Louie

Pork chop, mashed potato, corn, arugula salad with sliced cuke, blue cheese and dried cranberries/ vinaigrette. I'm stuffed to the gills, whatever that means.

I'm making my version of chicken cacciatore. We're not fond of mushrooms, so I use bell peppers instead. I'll serve it over spaghetti with and garlic bread.

Elk stew....! :yum: That sounds so good! Takes me back to when my ex was a hunter, we had such good stews.

Tomorrow due to everyone having medical appointments and other commitments, there will be an early St. Patrick Day party down in the community room in the p.m. So I made a brisket with veggies supper for Pirate and myself today. There is still enough meat left to make a few Reuben sandwiches. What veggies are left will become the basis for hash one night this week.

Then for my birthday, I received a seven quart Tramontina cast iron in cobalt blue. Perfect timing for the beef stew before the week is out. I really do not need a pan that big. But as the saying goes, "don't look a gift horse....."

Tomorrow due to everyone having medical appointments and other commitments, there will be an early St. Patrick Day party down in the community room in the p.m. So I made a brisket with veggies supper for Pirate and myself today. There is still enough meat left to make a few Reuben sandwiches. What veggies are left will become the basis for hash one night this week.

Then for my birthday, I received a seven quart Tramontina cast iron in cobalt blue. Perfect timing for the beef stew before the week is out. I really do not need a pan that big. But as the saying goes, "don't look a gift horse....."

Have you used that new pot yet Addie? It weighs 15 lbs empty and I can't imagine you being able to handle it, certainly not without help. Didn't you say you got rid of your Cast Iron skillets because they were too heavy?
I'm curious who would give you such a gift.:huh:

I have started ordering some of my groceries online from a "food basket" place called Lufa Farms. A lot of their vegis, including most or all of the "greens" are grown in their rooftop greenhouses. You can't get much more local than that in a city and everything else is reasonably local if it will grow in our climate. I got some interesting greens today and some went into a salad.

The salad had Boston lettuce, oakleaf lettuce (I think it was oakleaf. It was sold as "mystery lettuce"), and pea shoots, celery, Belgian endive, and thinly sliced onion . Homemade vinaigrette.

We had pulled pork sandwiches with that. The pulled pork and bread were also from Lufa Farms (no, not from the greenhouses, :rolleyes: from local partner producers). We also tried out a bit of kimchi from Lufa Farms. We had never had kimchi before. It was interesting and tasty, but I'm not a huge fan. It might grow on me. All in all a pretty good meal. The plan had been to make fettuccine Alfredo to go with the salad, but I pooped out after making the vinaigrette and salad.

We're not having Dinner this evening :ohmy:

Instead, we had a large lunch of leftover Hamburger Steak
Plate-Lunch-Style :LOL: We felt like we were at a diner
back home in Hawaii!

005.jpg

It wasn't quite as good as the other night,
but it was just as filling ...
So the evening repast was what DH and I
like to call a 'Snack Plate' for Supper.
(no pictures, sorry)
Prosciutto wrapped Cantaloupe bites (for DH, not me)
Sliced Apple
Smoked Almonds
Chunked Parm & Extra Sharp Cheddar
Segments of Honey Tangerine
TJ's Pita-Bite Crackers

YUM! :yum:

Creme Brulee cheesecake, after some pasta...!!!

53615517_2298266336885962_7975298357893529600_n.jpg

Just hot dogs and chips tonight. I'm still enjoying those Nolan Ryan hot dogs.

CD

Back
Top Bottom