What's For Dinner 9/16/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm going shopping today, so I'll get the apricot preserves I need to make Selkie's apricot glazed chicken. Can't wait.

B/S chicken breasts postponed from yesterday. I am going out and hopefully will hit the market. I want to get some veggies.

Parent's Night at school tonight, so dinner will have to be something that can sit on the stove and everyone can help themselves as they come in.

I am making a big pot of Italian Wedding soup with mini chicken meatballs, escarole, and orzo.

HAGD:chef:

I'm sitting here seeing if lactose intolerance is my problem. While doing that, I am prepping veggies for a beef stew, it's chilly and rainy today. I'll fire up the oven for some pumpernickel bread. I took advantage of the KAF mix special and bought that, french herb, pie crust and pancake mixes to try.

Have a meeting at 4 pm so don't know what I'll make. Probably hot dogs and beans. Quick and easy whenever we get home.

I have some boneless chicken breasts I will bread and bake along with some roasted vegetables I just picked up at the farmers market - mini eggplant (for SO), heirloom sweet red peppers and green Cubanelle-type peppers.

Our dinner I will call Chicken stew but it is more of a chicken pot pie without the pie!! LOL

Chicken stew (cubed B/S chicken breast dredged in highly herb seasoned flour; browned in EVOO & butter then removed. Celery, carrots, onion, asparagus and mushroom caps added to pan and sautéed in butter till just tender. Seasoned flour left from dredging chicken added to pan and stirred in well. Chicken put back in pan. One 14 ½ oz can chicken broth with roasted veggies and herbs added and stirred till thickened. Simmered till veggies are tender and chicken is fully cooked) and mashed potatoes (butter, milk and chives) on the side.

img_920547_0_73c163a260a6a838486a1c702afdf874.jpg

Tonight we did World Cup Chilli, a fine recipe by Simon Hopkins that I posted sometime ago. Stonking.

We had pork chops baked with onions and gravy, stuffing, peas, and salad.

Eating soon!

Chicken quarters in soy and onion soup marinade(2days) roasted with sweet potato carrot and onion.

Salad of roasted fresh beets and roasted red bells over romaine with calamata olives,enchilado cheese and artichoke hearts.
The dressing is some of the pickling juices and some olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom