Whats for dinner August 17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I dont know what to make for dinner tonight, so I was hoping to be inspired by your menu. :)

Leftovers - which are:

boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I coated in pulverized melta toast, flour, garlic powder, salt, poultry seasonong, white pepper, and paprika

potato salad (a recipe I have never tried before using a cooked dressing - didn't read the very end where it said refrigerate for a few hours or overnight :( It's really good today!!!!!)

Salad of baby romaine topped with a mixture of sliced grape tomatoes, bleu cheese, celery, walnuts, tossed in a basil/garlic infused EVOO and a balsamic reduction.

whole grain angel hair with pesto (fresh made) with saute of shrimp snap peas brocolini mushrooms garlic wine and taragon.

Chicken that is now marinating in Italian salad dressing, I think I may grill it, fresh green beans, corn on the cob, & chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches that I really need to get put together & in the freezer.

I plan to try making a sauce from garlic, shallots, sauteed in butter then add some flour and then chicken stock and marsala after it thickens I want to add a little lemon juice to it and pour it over some chicken breasts I've sauteed in butter and finish all of it in the oven. I think I'll make couscous to go with it and fix some large artichokes as the side..Dessert, not sure yet..But I am doing a tomato salad:LOL:

kadesma

either leftovers or pizza.
I have to pack my stuff for Oregon tonight and get Paul ready for his
weekend camping trip ( ya know he can't do it by himself!).. too much to
do...too little time.

We're still on clearing out the fridge mode so we're having omelets with tomatoes, green pepper, ham and cheddar, hash browns and English muffins.

I'm grilling turkey burgers (but first I need to find a good recipe for them) and we're having corn on the cob. Then I'd love to get over to Crewsk's house for dessert, we LUV ice cream sandwichs!

Not very motivated to cook today, so once again it's chicken. It's marinading in chipolte right now, then grilling it, and having some veggie kabobs (mushroom, onions, cherry tomatoes from the garden, canned potatoes).

Lordy, Mudbug, I've been craving a good corn dog something awful!

I've been trying all day to figure out what to have for supper. I have a cookie sheet full of delicious, dead ripe tomatoes that need to be used tonight, and I think I'm going to roast the in the oven. There's a bag of fresh broccoli in there too, and a couple lbs. of smoked sausage. I'm considering layering the sausage, broccoli and tomatoes in a baking dish, topping with grated parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and some oregano and baking it.
What do you thing of the combination?

Well. that just sounds awfully good, Connie. I'd say go for it! I have a plateful of plum tomatoes someone gave us but they are not ripe enough yet to surrender to the mercies of oven roasting for anything.

Tonight, we're having ricotta gnocchi with meat sauce, garlic bread and a salad with a little vino.

Would you post the recipe HB, that sounds so yummy. Love pork chops and york pud. Thanks in anticipation.

We're having fried shrimp, homemade fries, fried okra and Paula Deen's sour cream biscuits. Not too healthy, I guess...but we have a "fried" theme going on :LOL: I'll slice some tomatoes, too!

Here you go Ellen. I found it while going through the Pork archives.:) Kadesma posted it in January.

Yorkshire pork chops for Texas Rec:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/yorkshire-pork-chops-for-texas-rec-18498.html

Texas,
here you go...

1-large apple
3-4 Tab. veggie oil
4- 1-1/2 inch thick pork chops, I use boneless loin
1-c. milk
3-eggs
1-c. flour, a/p
2-tab. melted butter
1/2-tea. salt
warm apple sauce
Preheat oven to 425 peel and core apple, then slice into 4 thick rings. Heat 3 Tab. of the oil in skillet, (use skillet with ovenprook handle ) on moderatley high heat. Quickly brown your apple rings about 1 min on each side, remove from pan. If needed add the last Tab. of oil to pan..Add chops and brown them on each side about 1 min.. Remove from heat and top each chop with an apple ring.Whisk together the milk,eggs,flour,butter,and salttil nice and smooth. Pour batter into the pan with the chops and bake about 25 min. or til golden and puffy. Serve right away from same pan, with warm apple sauce.This is similar to popovers or yorkshire pudding, it should balloon up around the chops. The top will become brown and crisp and the bottom will remain soft and puddinglike inside.

Enjoy
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom