What's for dinner? Dec. 1, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I think it'll be a couple of shrimp tacos here for an early dinner. If I can get it in gear and make them. :ermm::)

What's on everyone's plate this evening? :chef:

paniolo chili.jpg

[file photo]

I've got a BIG pot of Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for cowboy) Chili
on the back burner with a fresh pot of rice cooking away...
it smells so good in here!
DH's buddy stopped by after work for a visit on his way home;
he walked in the door and said, "what smells so delicious?"
Now, mind you, HE'S A VEGETARIAN!! :LOL:

I knew the turkey was rapidly running out so yesterday I pulled a meals worth of lasagna out of the freezer. Had that with garlic toast. I intend to eat more of the frozen leftovers in hopes of finding more cheap turkeys, in the next few weeks to fill up the freezer. We never got around to having creamed turkey:(. Need more turkey.

I did some hamburger patties on the Griddler. Roasted potatoes and a veggie rounded out the meal.

It's been bone-chilling drizzle almost all day here, so I decided on making a pot of a very warming soup. The Chickpea and Something Green soup includes paprika, cayenne, and turmeric. The "Something Green" part is because their original test recipe used Swiss chard, which they didn't have the for the second test. They used romaine, which is what I used the first time. I used chard the second time, and this time it was spinach because I had an abundance of the stuff. The spinach and chard versions are good, but I think I like the romaine version the best.

Attachments

• 2015-12-01 19.51.36.jpg
    2015-12-01 19.51.36.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 192
Good lookin' dinners, kgirl and GG. :yum:

I didn't have the energy to prepare the shrimp tacos this evening. I'll blame it on the Christmas shopping I did today. :ermm: :LOL:

This evening's dinner ended up being pulled pork and onions on a biscuit, and a sliced mango. Shrimp tacos will be on tomorrow's menu.

Mmm....CG, that looks sooo good and warming. I love chickpeas/garbanzos. I think I remember you posting that recipe before, and pretty sure I already saved it. :yum:

I talked on the phone with Jr for about an hour and a half. Don't know who plugged a nickel in him. Anyway, that cut into dinner prep time. So I baked one of my emergency frozen pizzas and had part of that for dinner. Sausage and pepperoni.

We had Italian sausages, fried potatoes, and a large tossed salad for supper. It's the second time we have tried these organic Italian sausages and they are sooooo good. They would be worth getting just for the way they taste.

Attachments

• IMG_20151201_194121.jpg
    IMG_20151201_194121.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 181
We had chilaquiles made with about half of what was left of the turkey. One more meal left and that's it for the leftover turkey.

Back
Top Bottom