Whats for Dinner December 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Our family will be having ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of veggie and a caesar salad. The ham is smelling yummy already. Ken, does that sound OK to you?

just say yes ken, or r. lee alix will come out.

i'm guessing i'll probably be having meatballs and sausages for dinner. :rolleyes:

.......well I'm not Ken but it sounds good to me.:LOL:
I think I'll do Ishbels Spaghetti Bolognese today and let it simmer real low all day long.

My addition will be a type of cream or 1/2 and 1/2 or milk toward the end as I think that's a flavor I remember being in the pasta's over there in Tuscany and Italy in general. I am thankful for her passing it on to me as I couldn't love this dish more. And, I have almost everything. When hitting the doctors offices today, I'll swing by a market for the pork and pancetta, also out of Parmesan cheese. I think I'll get out the bread machine too. I'd love a very nutty, sesame seed, pumkin seed, sunflower seed, caraway seed, poppy seed bread. Love how it'll all smell up the kitchen. A huge thank you to Ishbel:clap:

Alix said:
Our family will be having ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of veggie and a caesar salad. The ham is smelling yummy already. Ken, does that sound OK to you?

SWEET! Guess I'll skip lunch today!

BTW, who's r. lee alix?:question:

either oven fried chicken
or chicken and dumplings. I'm just waiting for Paul
to decide which he's hungry for.

No dinner tonight - last night of school for the term, then when I get home it'll be beer, beer, and more beer... :w00t2:

(Can you tell I'm sick of this class?)

John

I have some Minestrone simmering on the stove and it smells great. There's a partial loaf of ww grain bread waiting to be used up, so I'll probably toast that and call it good.

:heart:
Z

I thought I was creative on foods, Jessica!! Creme Fraiche & Mint Sauce for a Quesadilla, what an idea!!

As for me, still up in the air... no forecast for Cris's returning time, could be very late, he might decide to have a bite while in the office... so it will be something I can do quickly at drop of a hat... spaghetti aglio, olio & peperoncino and cheese & scallion frittata??

If he decides to eat at the office, I will just sneak into Jessica's kitchen and try to pinch one of that quesadilla slice if there is anything left still!!:LOL:

urmaniac13 said:
If he decides to eat at the office, I will just sneak into Jessica's kitchen and try to pinch one of that quesadilla slice if there is anything left still!!:LOL:
:D Ciao girl, you're always welcome in my kitchen. I got the insperation for the dip from the yogurty mint and (often) coriander ones that you some times get in Indian restaurant as a dipping sauce. Thinking that a variant of it would work with other potentially "spicy" cuisines I tried it a while back and have not made quesadillas without it since :)

Last night I accidently got a package of pork chops out of the freezer thinking it was something else. :rolleyes: So, I am having grilled pork chops with Swiss vegetable medley, and applesauce or a green salad. I also thinking about making a loaf of cheese and jalapeno beer bread.

Ken said:
SWEET! Guess I'll skip lunch today!

BTW, who's r. lee alix?:question:

Ken, R. Lee Alix would R. Lee Ermey's alter ego. I would hate to tangle with her!!

Golden Globe nominee and Boston Society of Film Critics Award Winner for Best Supporting Actor in director Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, R. Lee Ermey, after more than 25 years in the business, is one of the most successful and talented actors in film and television today.

mail_call_host_topright.jpg
His numerous roles in feature film include: Switchback, starring opposite Dennis Quaid and Danny Glover, Dead Man Walking, Seven, Leaving Las Vegas, Murder In The First, Life, The Frighteners and Sommersby, as well as his critically acclaimed role opposite Jared Leto in Prefontaine. He continues doing numerous voiceover roles which span from The Simpsons to Toy Story("1" and "2").

Ermey served 11 years active duty with the U.S. Marine Corps. He rose to the rank of staff NCO, served two years as a drill instructor and a tour of duty in Viet Nam. Medically retired in 1971, he used his G.I. Bill benefits, and enrolled at the University of Manila in the Philippines where he studied drama. Francis Ford Coppola was filming Apocalypse Now in the area and cast Ermey in a featured role. He has since gone on to star or appear in approximately sixty films.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Ermey is no stranger to prestigious television either. He has starred in numerous telefilms including HBO's Weapons of Mass Distraction, TNT's The Rough Riders, and TNT's You Know My Name, starring Sam Elliot, as well as Showtime's The Apartment Complex.

Lee starred with Elizabeth Pena in the feature On the Borderline. Just before that, Lee was in the feature film Skipped Parts, with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Drew Barrymore. Recently, Lee starred in Saving Silverman with Jason Biggs, Jack Black, Steve Zahn and Amanda Peet. Lee appears opposite Jeff Bridges in Scenes of the Crime and Harvey Keitel in Taking Sides. For New Line he appeared in Run Ronnie Run and starred in the remake of Willard with Crispin Glover. Also for New Line, he stars in the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Lee is also hosting his own show for The History Channel, MAIL CALL, which focuses on military technology past, present and future. It continues to be one of the highest rated series on The History Channel. Lee has recently begun filming Cheer Up with Tommy Lee Jones for Revolution Studios.

Tonight is going to be great-grandma's cheezy ham tetrazzini with crusty garlic bread. And for dessert hot apple cidar.

Tommy Lee Jones was actually notorious for being a major :censored: (insert whatever you would call a less-than-civil person) with everybody he encountered in San Antonio Texas, his hometown and once mine for some years.

I actually once came into a contact with him at the bookshop I was working at. He came to the till I was operating, bought a couple of gardening books (somehow seemed sort of strange for me... thus it stuck in my memory). He was actually smily and nice, even joked around a bit with me. I am pretty sure it was because I didn't go "Oooooh My God Tommy Lee Jones!! I can't believe it I love your films, I am your huge fan!! Aaaah, ooooh!!:w00t2: " like most people would do, I just treated him like every other customer with not a mention of recognition.

So Mudbug, if you ever see him try to stay cool!!:rolleyes:

SierraCook said:
Alix, that would sound OK to me for dinner. I love the smell of ham baking in the oven. Ken is one lucky guy!! :)

Believe me, I know it!:)
(thanks for the info on r.lee...I know who we're talking about now.....)

LEFSElover said:
.......well I'm not Ken but it sounds good to me.:LOL:
I think I'll do Ishbels Spaghetti Bolognese today and let it simmer real low all day long.

My addition will be a type of cream or 1/2 and 1/2 or milk toward the end as I think that's a flavor I remember being in the pasta's over there in Tuscany and Italy in general. I am thankful for her passing it on to me as I couldn't love this dish more. And, I have almost everything. When hitting the doctors offices today, I'll swing by a market for the pork and pancetta, also out of Parmesan cheese. I think I'll get out the bread machine too. I'd love a very nutty, sesame seed, pumkin seed, sunflower seed, caraway seed, poppy seed bread. Love how it'll all smell up the kitchen. A huge thank you to Ishbel:clap:

BLUSH :cool:

urmaniac13 said:
Tommy Lee Jones was actually notorious for being a major :censored: (insert whatever you would call a less-than-civil person) So Mudbug, if you ever see him try to stay cool!!:rolleyes:

Yes, I've heard that. Not likely I'll ever meet him. Doesn't matter - I don't require my movie stars to be real people or have reasonable opinions about anything. BTW, did you know he was Al Gore's roommate at Harvard?

Back
Top Bottom