What's for dinner Friday 03/05/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been uninspired with dinner lately. I think I'll make the effort and try to be creative with some chicken breast. Something lemony perhaps or stirfry maybe?

I was out shopping around and found myself in front of the rotisserie chickens at Costco so I bought one for dinner. I have some brown rice pilaf in the freezer to go with it.

I was going to cook but ended up stopping at Whole Foods. Brought home crab cakes and veggies. I just want a martini!

We're eating out tonight, what's everyone else doing?

I've been uninspired with dinner lately...

I am supposed to be making chicken in lemon sauce with capers for dinner tonight.

I was out shopping around and found myself in front of the rotisserie chickens at Costco so I bought one for dinner. I have some brown rice pilaf in the freezer to go with it.

I was going to cook but ended up stopping at Whole Foods. Brought home crab cakes and veggies. I just want a martini!

There appears to be a real shortage of culinary inspiration among the members of DC tonight. Only two of seven posters are planning to cook tonight!

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my defense, I baked bagels yesterday and made a new recipe for dinner. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was supposed to make the chicken last night. Kathleen wasn't feeling well. So I plan on making it tonight, though she is working late. Then there is the bread dough I will be making tonight. It could happen I make the chicken tomorrow and we order when she is on her way home. Sometimes life gets in the way of good food... *grumble*

I was supposed to make the chicken last night. Kathleen wasn't feeling well. So I plan on making it tonight, though she is working late. Then there is the bread dough I will be making tonight. It could happen I make the chicken tomorrow and we order when she is on her way home. Sometimes life gets in the way of good food... *grumble*

Sorry Kathleen is not feeling well. That's a definite reason for take out. Let her choose.

We had take out pizza on Wed, and yesterday I just tossed a salmon in some foil on the BBQ. It feels like thats about all I have the energy for. Bah. I hate Feb and March. Anyone else get the "blues" or "crabbies" or whatever you call it? I get them, and bad stuff seems to happen in March for us.

Anyway, I'm doing a stir fry I think, just have to get up the energy to DO it.

We've only had a real dinner a couple of times a week for it seems like forever. With dh working on the sets for the passion play every evening, there is no good time for dinner. He doesn't want to eat much before he starts working and by the time he gets home it is too late. There has been almost no cooking - so no leftovers. I hope to make a good dinner tomorrow and Sunday.

I don't remember what I had on 02/05/10...but today I had some onions, mushrooms, celery and fresh herbs sauteed in some olive oil and I added a little shredded braised brisket and broccoli and served it over rice with a side salad. Not bad...not great( the salad was great, but I missed something on the main course)

Broiled Tuna & Zucchini with Apricot-Cinnamon Glazed Carrots with a Mendocino Castle Rock “Pinot Noir”.

dsc_0013.jpg

It feels like thats about all I have the energy for. Bah. I hate Feb and March. Anyone else get the "blues" or "crabbies" or whatever you call it?

I get that way in Jan and Feb here, by March spring is on it's way. I saw my 1st crocus this morning in the front bed.

Oh... dinner.. I made apple pancakes, hash browns, and eggs over-easy.

i had a fried loin pork chop, potatoes mashed and gravy from kfc. corn bread from bakery in market with jalapeños peppers. i have lots of little snack things for later, and have grapes and pears. so those will be dessert.

We got take out & tried a new pizza place. Real NY style pizza in Mexico!!! It was great & no real cleanup just had to put some extra pieces in the fridge....mmmmm, pizza for breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom