What's for Dinner? Friday 11/30/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You’re kidding, right? If you google linguini with clam sauce, you’ll get literally thousands of hits!
But, I would trust Kayelle's recipe. I've just never made it, so I don't know if there is cream or seasonings or proportions.

Thanks all, and Taxi, I've been making easy Linguini and Clam Sauce so many years there really isn't a recipe. There's never any cream, and seasonings are only s&p with a pinch of dried pepper flakes. Don't add the clams till the end, or they get tough.

For us, I use 3 cans of minced clams, and a bottle of clam juice.

I saute' the shallots, and later add the chopped garlic(lots) along with the pepper flakes in about a half inch of olive oil with butter added. Add about 1/2 cup of sherry wine and reduce at a slow simmer. Add all the juice from the canned clams, along with the bottle of juice, simmer a couple of minutes and throw in most of the parsley. Add the clams and cooked pasta, also some pasta water as needed because we like it very loose. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks all, and Taxi, I've been making easy Linguini and Clam Sauce so many years there really isn't a recipe. There's never any cream, and seasonings are only s&p with a pinch of dried pepper flakes. Don't add the clams till the end, or they get tough.

For us, I use 3 cans of minced clams, and a bottle of clam juice.

I saute' the shallots, and later add the chopped garlic(lots) along with the pepper flakes in about a half inch of olive oil with butter added. Add about 1/2 cup of sherry wine and reduce at a slow simmer. Add all the juice from the canned clams, along with the bottle of juice, simmer a couple of minutes and throw in most of the parsley. Add the clams and cooked pasta, also some pasta water as needed because we like it very loose. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. Since I asked, I found your old thread with the recipe and also found that I had already downloaded it. :doh: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/my-simple-linguini-and-clam-sauce-94052.html#post1440398

I like the substitution of sherry for chicken stock. How big are the cans of clams and how big is the bottle of clam juice? I have four small cans of clams. Do you think it would still taste good, if I substitute chicken stock for the clam juice?

Thanks. Since I asked, I found your old thread with the recipe and also found that I had already downloaded it. :doh: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/my-simple-linguini-and-clam-sauce-94052.html#post1440398

I like the substitution of sherry for chicken stock. How big are the cans of clams and how big is the bottle of clam juice? I have four small cans of clams. Do you think it would still taste good, if I substitute chicken stock for the clam juice?

AHH HAAA...I knew I wrote it down somewhere, but it took you to find it!;)
Since then, I've replaced the c. stock with dry sherry. :yum:
The minced clam tins look like tuna cans, and the bottled clam juice is 8oz.

In the grocery, it's always found beside the canned clams. Hey, in a pinch you could use c. stock, but why if you don't have to?

I just had the last of it for lunch today, and boy howdy is it ever good!

AHH HAAA...I knew I wrote it down somewhere, but it took you to find it!;)
Since then, I've replaced the c. stock with dry sherry. :yum:
The minced clam tins look like tuna cans, and the bottled clam juice is 8oz.

In the grocery, it's always found beside the canned clams. Hey, in a pinch you could use c. stock, but why if you don't have to?

I just had the last of it for lunch today, and boy howdy is it ever good!
Well, if I were to make it tonight, it would have to be without clam juice. I have added it to my shopping list. So, if I am motivated to make it tonight, I will use the chicken stock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom