What's for Dinner, Friday, 29 December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
dw is going to a friend's house to give gifts to their 2 kids (one is our godchild, the other is spoiled and doesn't deserve it...:cool: ), and then to return some gifts at the malls.

so, i have an angus london broil sitting in a dry rub in the fridge, awaiting the broiler tonight. for the boy, turkey sausage. escarole sauteed in evoo and garlic, and baked spuds with herb sour cream for both of us.

what are you making and/or eating tonight?

Not sure here. Buck and I are driving (about 60 miles) to visit my youngest brother. He, my brother, has been cooking all week and I imagine we'll be stuffed when we leave his place. In that case, I think we'll raid the refrigerator for leftovers for supper. Although, I can just about guarantee that we'll have the last two pieces of grasshopper pie for dessert. Yum, double yum

And, no, before any of you wisecrackers chime in, it's NOT made from real grasshoppers.

Grasshopper pie is delicious! I am a little jealous, and you may have motivated me to go make some!

I don't know what I will be making tonight. Maybe I'll go full chinese with Potstickers, Chicken Chow Mein, Won ton Soup, and Orange chicken. Maybe I will go with a little sense of Italia with some Pasta Primavera and Garlic Bread..

Venison loin, marinated in red wine and garlic, and pan roasted. Mashed potatoes with cream cheese. Leftover candied sweet potatoes.

Dessert is Baileys with caramel chocolate chip cookies.

Walt Bulander said:
Venison loin, marinated in red wine and garlic, and pan roasted. Mashed potatoes with cream cheese. Leftover candied sweet potatoes.

Dessert is Baileys with caramel chocolate chip cookies.

YUM! That sounds fantastic.

On my way home from the gym I had to stop to pick up coffee. The grocery had sirloin at a very good price so we will have that cooked on the grill with corn also cooked on the grill and salad. We still have pumpkin pie, pound cake, fruitcake squares, peanut butter balls, wedding cookies and cheesecake left from Christmas, so I suppose dessert will be some of that stuff.

You guys are killing me. I have cooked my butt off all week. (Insert own joke here) I don't feel like cooking today and now all I want is chinese food. WAAAAAAA! Sigh. OK, I'll suck it up and make something. Phooey. Maybe I'll thaw out the chili. I REALLY don't want to cook today.

OK, I`m probably Asking for it here with such a question, but What is "grasshopper pie"?
I know they`re eaten in Mexico, but usualy Crispy, so I`m assuming it doesn`t ACTUALY contain grasshoppers, anymore than Toad-in-the-hole contains reptiles :)

Tonight's dinner is the last of the left overs. Although I do feel like having Greek food from my fav little place-maybe tomorrow.Enjoy your dinners onight everybody!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Grasshopper pie is a mousse kind of pie. Flavoured with mint usually I believe.

My dinner plans have changed dramatically. We are now having guests (again) who have to stay here in town because of critically ill parents. I have NO clue what to make as some are picky eaters. I'm thinking maybe a pork roast or pork chops and salad? I have to go hit the grocery store now.

I have ham and lima beans in the slow cooker all day. It's cold and rainy today so that will go very well with some cornbread.

later

I hate it when that happens, Alix, although feeding the hungry is so honorable and warming!

Keep it simple for them, and on yourself, as I'm sure the last thing on their minds is how good the food is, and the last thing you want to do is cook! :)

Hang in there, good luck!

buckytom said:
escarole sauteed in evoo and garlic, and baked spuds with herb sour cream for both of us.

How do you get your little one to eat escarole?!? So far I haven't even been able to hide spinach in something for my peanut. She's too much like her daddy and can detect any time I'm trying to slip something into her food!:rolleyes:

The ILs showed up this AM (we didn't know they were coming; they'd said they'd call first--guess calling means ringing the doorbell!:wacko: ). Since I'm pumped full of antibiotics and still not feeling well I said that we could either go out to eat or order pizza. I will cook a nice breakfast tomorrow morning, though.

Back
Top Bottom