What's for dinner? Friday, 4-21-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Beautiful day to be outside today. I had a couple of meaty chicken drumsticks, corn on the cob, and asparagus - all cooked on the patio grill. A big glass of iced tea with a lemon wedge to wash it all down.

What is, or was, on your plate? :chef:

Our spinach garlic pasta with sweet onion, garlic, marsala sauce.

EFVBW6oxqkT4WHjZUvX1sz3l4X-xxSb_eiOi97WvdFwpX92IB

Lemon Herb Sole (should'a been cod!) with Crispy Garlic Potatoes. So very yummy!!! Done this several times, tonight was with sole but it is best with cod. from the Cooking for Two Cookbook. Even then I reduce it to one and it is perfect. Doesn't even reach the table. Just stand at the counter and eat... well, I burnt my tongue too but it was worth it!

I'd post a picture but the multiple steps I have to go thru is beyond my abilities at this time of day. :D maybe tomorrow...

and less than 400 calories, but filling!

I participated in our new communities group yard sale today.
I didn't realize how tiring that can be, just sitting there and chatting with folks.
So, I'm going to grill some hoisin glazed b/s chicken thighs,
served with fresh corn on the cob and a nice salad.
Oh, and crisp white wine wine to wash it all down (thanks Chuck) ;)

We had an old-school supper of fried bologna and onions, with a side of home fries using the leftover potatoes that didn't fit into the ham-and-potato casserole. Himself loved it, but I guess my tastes have changed over the decades and score. It was OK, but not the lick-the-plate meal I remember. Maybe it's because I can visualize my arteries getting smaller...:ohmy:

I was working in the Fort Worth Stockyards today for about an hour, so I popped into Cooper's BBQ for a few pounds of brisket to share with some of my Indiana customers. Just the worker bees, none of the big-shots. They loved it, and I got a good meal out of it, too. Texas BBQ is brisket -- no sauce!

I'm less than 50 miles from home, but in a hotel room, because 16-hour days that include drinks with clientele does not mix with a long drive home.

So, no home cooking, but that brisket more than made up for it.

CD

I had to go into the "city" today because my overdue haircut was driving me crazy. I've been wearing my hair short so many years, it drives me nuts if it touches my skin. ACK! It was 90 degrees here today, so I felt cooler too!

Anyway, a few doors down from the hair salon is a local Italian place that makes the best meatballs I've ever eaten. I brought home a container of their MB along with sauce, and cooked up some frozen fresh pasta from the dollar store for dinner.
SC made some salads, so it was super easy tonight.

Last edited:
I made an experimental "breakfast casserole". It was inspired by two different recipes from friends. There cooked potatoes; chopped, cooked Italian sausage; shredded cheddar cheese; eggs; sour cream; and some chopped, pickled jalapeños in one corner, 'cause we weren't sure about those. The whole thing was baked. Future iterations will definitely have the jalapeños. They really added a nice touch. Served with Margaritas.

-OkOgLXsy-3pwpQ6sCZzIby3jLeXw6_uHvWVFrupLnYPuYjHjFdUPZ-8c6lJA1TGQvcW1WD3LV70AlpwM2qlqSciaPOJg1GY9deXz9wzSFUNWucWTNd6NOc9qtw-99q3g0Xf8Nz0LXZ9RTOl6Xe07oIDtle7lfQgbRFLr1OVQDvQi5z2OvStyXB4IPFhhOTXt4qyywr3wA_Vu-FYvG2vA6PUc5ZXLrSpmItWHOQjGWPNiGAGQtNrqI1UYeG5KF-Buk6Qu0XpXGU4ON2gV2DiZ6W6vFrnnbNB9BXaJhEamQOor3lW_MOUio8wmQ__9laMH3GYKPC-YpH-S4M6IAyqmtsOLkEZ8Xb18FZ6YvPq6EfA-6YKQZM8A2kiZ5ckBYeLp3qGAL0QBOe16pYTf1w5hvzO2wfb49HlZxlT5QGNaOsAIpIrqFHuVKhA8iI1juLb_1XQW8xK1TulrvGZFIYmFfDw7irRJ4MDmr8Id9Q9ThhXfDalWbgAf7F-xJ3-ROJgQ-yVftAXV1C_U0sMJ4yKhXu3WeiAdFCRJY2Flo5e_HWTnOSlNwB-kSFqHaB-JfkJhy6lzRePUxKh8TVKuQzBatIwl8UMbwvFTbhb6_SIUpLinpTay4Jn9w=w407-h543-no

Dessert was Swedish Visiting Cake, which I found out about here on DC.

7cdax9_b6ENZ9qb6teXV0izkQJhRwutUM-alWWhGLKaATIf-QMI8jZuFmDmXI7S5dCCD6KePBJLacIXugb_pzWnWnW7Sjs1JXtVWuPaSD8bo7RNnFswdutq977Q1OybTwwbd5CqHau8vL6JgtKuyXZyMd5JvThz5IQBkANXCMYMGov2g34709wwWA0RYrQ4fbU-VtDHeijwzhTYvKnagodwohJ5USDT1g5yseLDBZ1NX53AAIBKx2I28qCJXL5KeT4yWsCeLRHEdmwI9dEDh7EhnX1uxaCkvjlfyqIPSB4aa_sjoKcrMGpfNCa92CZ_0-0uE22K3uy60F1oW_gNUm0UF8Ma-qyStMoxcznNTjZbOSIXnEwurN-IGqbDfTIdzHplWnCvF5leO43TZ3_7RJ6LprrZo8TVe7FWKYrLfu915X4-018EFsG_hvw1V-yzlyo0Btlr3uRYzvSzTLf7dK88QRFSuBEJy-OPNRTjfmTXCvgxTXwxpwVdo7HYXcfsZn0UW5tpbZwhnAyN9bnnVzBpbCPS8BoX8qjJ9Qz7xyTkdwpmEWoidu-gN0MufQmJgaqfWFXYzmxT1TWBAd5Bm96nsQfQv54mNS6fjF3SDEUcJHAoMxrcaSg=w724-h543-no

We went out to dinner yesterday, to a local seafood place that has an outdoor deck. I had a trio of tempura shrimp tacos and DH had blackened tuna tacos. Lovely evening. Oh, I had a delicious cocktail, too, with lemon and ginger and a sprig of thyme.
0421171913_HDR.jpg
0421171959b_HDR.jpg
0421171959_HDR.jpg

We went out to dinner yesterday, to a local seafood place that has an outdoor deck. I had a trio of tempura shrimp tacos and DH had blackened tuna tacos. Lovely evening. Oh, I had a delicious cocktail, too, with lemon and ginger and a sprig of thyme.

I'm envious.... :yum:

Back
Top Bottom