What's for dinner? Friday, 4-4-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I am planning on shredded beef enchiladas, refried beans, and guacamole. :yum:

However, this could change. :LOL:

Yesterday's plan of twice baked potato (it's bigun - close to 600 grams) and ABTs. I will probably serve Margaritas with that since TGIF!

Schinken Noodles (ham saute'd with egg noodles) and a marinated cucumber and tomato salad. Either that or Italian take out and we'll do the ham thing tomorrow. My energy is fading fast.

I totally liquefied some beef tonight in the pressure cooker when I used it to make Bourguignone. Spent three bucks on pearl onions and cooked those little things into oblivion. I couldn't find one of them...looked like a ragu when I was finished with it. Tasted great,though. Next time I will respect the power of the pressure cooker...

Well, the enchilada dinner got put on hold. Had to work this afternoon and too tired tonight to mess with such a labor intensive dinner. I ended up with a steamed artichoke, and smoked gouda cheese and crackers on the side. :)

Taxy, what is ABT's? You got my attention with margaritas :LOL: and yes, TGIF! Making myself a screwdriver now. :)

So, yes, we had the twice baked potato, ABTs, and Margaritas.
fiesta.gif
We ran out of triple sec, so the next batch of Margaritas tonight will have to be made with Cointreau. ;)

Stirling was having "one of those days", but is feeling much happier now.

33814-albums294-picture5877.jpg

33814-albums294-picture5878.jpg

33814-albums294-picture5879.jpg

Well, the enchilada dinner got put on hold. Had to work this afternoon and too tired tonight to mess with such a labor intensive dinner. I ended up with a steamed artichoke, and smoked gouda cheese and crackers on the side. :)

Taxy, what is ABT's? You got my attention with margaritas :LOL: and yes, TGIF! Making myself a screwdriver now. :)
ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turd

How taxlady makes ABTs

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f35/abts-how-i-make-them-73696.html#post1026211

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/sausage-stuffed-abts-76622.html#post1082015

TL, you got my mouth watering. It's getting to be that time of the year again. Time to get the Weber going and make some fatties, ABTs, ribs, and stuff.

Looks great, Taxy! Glad to see the little mariachi guy again too!

We had doctored up corned beef hash.

TL, you got my mouth watering. It's getting to be that time of the year again. Time to get the Weber going and make some fatties, ABTs, ribs, and stuff.
I gotta try making these on the grill - these were done in the oven. My grill is still under a big pile of snow. I'll also have to try making some fatties. Haven't tried making that yet.

Taxy....so that's what they are! :LOL: :yum: OMG, your pics looks so good. Thank you for the links...I don't know how I missed them. Going to have to try them on the grill. :yum:

i decided on seafood pasta instead. Shrimp, crab meat, clams and artichokes and cherry tomato's. i found a Seapak box of shrimp scampi in the freezer and it took off from there. :chef:

I made cheesy broccoli soup (new recipe - meh) and tuna melts on baguette. My tuna salad is like T.J. Maxx...never the same way twice! This time along with the usual s/p/dry mustard I threw in some chives (Penzeys dehydrated),lemon juice and lemon zest...yum!

Schinken Noodles (ham saute'd with egg noodles) and a marinated cucumber and tomato salad. Either that or Italian take out and we'll do the ham thing tomorrow. My energy is fading fast.

I'm not familiar with Schinken Noodles, so I looked it up. It sounds really interesting; DH and I both love ham and egg noodles ;) Is this similar to your recipe? Schinken Noodles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom