What's for Dinner, Friday Dec 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
It's early in the day for me to know what we're having for dinner but that's because tonight's menu is easy--clean out the fridge so I can start cooking for Christmas Eve and Christmas! There's a little of this and a little of that in there along with some nice fixings for a salad, cheese and crackers and fruit.

Something fast and easy, - grilled hamburgers, cole slaw and chips !! Busy - Busy ! Or, leftover goulash and garlic bread, slaw!

Last edited:
Things up in the air, dd has a swollen foot, doc wants xrays asap - I don't know when I can get her in - sometime today? We will either go out or eat leftovers from last night (pot roast and noodles) and/or leftovers from wednesdsay night - beef barley soup or the hundreds of cookies I have (my choice!)

We may have to turn up the air and have our leftover taco soup. I, too, need to rid my fridge of some stuff. I cleaned the little one in the garage yesterday to prepare for overflow. Three little girls and a little guy will be helping me make cookies. I was lazy enough to get some that all they do is form them. I can't think with 4 kids, flour, etc in the kitchen.

Grilled flank steak with red wine sauce, roasted fennel and sauteed wild mushrooms I think. I'll know for sure after I see what the produce market has today.

We are going to the ballet so its either an early dinner before the Nutcracker or a late dinner after it. Either way, I wont be cooking tonight.

Michele, I hope there is nothing serious with Avalon's foot, and she will be ready to jump for joy when she finds her presents just a few days away!!

Toots, enjoy the ballet... I also went to see the Nutcracker ballet once when I was in San Antonio. It was done by a local company and not exactly a "Bolshoy", still all the same it was a wonderful atmosphere booster just a few days away from Christmas:) Have a beautiful night out!

Cris may be getting in late, as he has to sort out all the loose ends before Christmas at work.:( I will prepare some pizzoccheri for a warm, comforting treat!

Well I've put off the inevitable long enough and have to finish the Christmas shopping today. I'm heading over to one of the major cities around here as they have the best stores. I was going to take off early but I think I'll wait around for DH to get off early and he can go with us. We'll grab a bite to eat over there somewhere. I need to go check my list of resturants I want to try in the area. If your not aware of this site check it out. Home - Chowhound. I was told by the locals of all the best eating places to eat and what to kind of expect as far as atmosphere, price, service, etc.... Now to decide which one to try.

Tonight we're having a few friends over for an early Christmas gathering before we head out to Ohio for the holidays with family. We're having meat lasagna with a Crognolo Chianti that I was lucky to find.

I am having my hair done today and afterwards I have to go to staples. I will probably stop off at Gelsons and get something to go - they have the best take out food department in the whole San Fernando Valley.

Since its warmed up to less than bloody freezing we will be BBQing burgers tonight. I just hope that Ken can drag the BBQ out of the garage and thru the snow far enough...

I just made crab cakes, no sides.
Daughter didn't stay for dinner so I really didn't feel like doing a veggie and or starch just for me.

Something called a California Casserole from my very old La Leche's "Mother's in the Kitchen." I know that I made the dish many years ago because in my handwriting are the words "very hearty." It's the essence of simplicity, which makes it a good choice tonight: basically very lean ground beef, onion, green peppers, cheese, tomatoes, tomato paste, a little tomato juice, uncooked elbow macaroni, and olives just mixed up raw and cooked in a casserole for two hours. We shall see how it survived the decades since I made it last!

We havent eaten yet, but it will be spaghetti bolognese. Been a long day for us, and a hot shower together is in order.

SuzyQ3, that sounds really good...maybe I will make it soon and add a little home-made chili powder...and maybe some garlic. We had chicken tostadas using leftover chicken and some sliced papaya. Spent the day making many many kinds of cookies, so didn't feel much like cooking something elaborate. Hard to find some of the ingredients here in Mexico, but I was lucky to find some molasses for soft molasses cookies and some chocolate chips. Woo-hoo! Feliz Navidad to all of you - thanks for making me feel welcome. Karen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom