What's for Dinner? Friday, January 16th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to convert the leftover chicken and noodles into chicken noodle soup. We've got a bunch of other stuff to pick at.

Earlier today I was checking out a small store near my brothers new house that i never went to, they had some locally made cheese on sale, 4 lb mozzarella cube, local made for $15.96. So it looked and felt amazing, I had to buy it... I also grabbed some nice tomatoes and 2 heads of lettuce while I was there..

I cut it in half, stored one half and turned the other half into mozz sticks... Probably about the most unhealthy thing I cook, once a year, lol... I cut them into square sticks, then dipped them into my egg mix, then dredged them through my fine bread crumbs and parm chz mix, then repeat, then let sit a bit, then fry...

As if that was not bad enough, I wrap them in a partially cooked and trimmed bacon then back them until the bacon is crispy...

MY HEART HURTS, BUT THEY WERE AMAZING.... It was just me, the kids, and my brother tonight, we ate the entire 2lbs!!! I used the tomatoes for a simple marinara and I made us all a wedge salad with, YES YOU GUESSED IT, real bacon bits....

My wife came home while we were eating {I made her a salad with no bacon and a nice hot stale roll}, she just shook her head and said we are going to have to invest in Lipitor, lol.

THE Mozzies were so good though, I eat them once a year or so {although I do have 2 more lbs of the cheese}, and I only ate about a half pound, lol.. I dont feel good...

Seafood salad...

img_1406711_0_a4e534748dd9f00bfd455ca8d40c54a4.jpg

We cleaned up most of the leftovers we brought home from our trip. Himself finished the last of my pulled pork from Wednesday's Texas Road House stop by loading up a leftover sub bun, then had the remaining two slices of his pot roast from last night. I finished mashed potatoes, and had one of the three slices of Salisbury steak from yesterday. Two more slices left for a sandwich, in case anyone wants them?

We had a very basic meal that required no complicated cooking.

Sausage, chips (fries), egg and baked beans.

Back
Top Bottom