What's for Dinner Friday June 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Well, I have already change my mind since logging on....my neighbor just brought over a head of cauliflower, so will add that, with a cheese sauce to the menu...

been thinking of firing up the grill this morning before it gets 90*F as predicted, no rain predicted but I don't believe it...so if I do

will grill some smoked Brauts I bought at Krogers, some home grown hamburgers and some small carrots..

what's going on at your place?

you grow hamburgers? i want one of those plants!! :LOL:

i have no clue whats for dinner tonight.

I haven't thought that far in advance......we have been so busy remodeling a few rooms the past few months......I am just waiting for the day I can get back to cooking meals again. :wacko:

I bought a bag of frozen mahi-mahi the other day, so I think I'll thaw out a fillet and cook it on the grill. Not sure of sides yet, maybe just a salad.

I have some ribeye steaks to grill. Had to get new grates for the grill though! Not sure what will go with. DS wants mashed taters and corn. I'm leaning towards broccoli and cheese sauce. May do the taters and broccoli so we each get one thing! Have a berry pie for dessert.

maybe go out to fav pizza and steak place. supper thin crust pizza and open sliced steak sammies with fries. we get for a family of four one pizza as an appy to share, salad (and sometimes a cup of minestrone soup), steak and fries for me for dinner, hubby gets same, the girls vary between just has pizza, soup and salad or sometimes they add fried shrimp and fries.

man i am hungry!! we have road trips planned so i did the fridge purge and now i am ..................... well you know!! :whistling:

:idea: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok they just opened our first sonic down the road (i can't wait to try the lemon/lime slushy). so the plan (at the moment, i haven't run it past the family yet) is a quick snack at sonic, a ride up to harriman park and a late dinner at the pizza place. as i haven't eaten (but 4 small slices of ham) today it sounds good to me!!

We are having a cold plate: Sliced ham, roast beef, turkey, potato salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, cheese, crackers and fruit. It is 95 here - about 115 in the attic and the humidity is way up. Oh, and iced tea.

Oh I can't wait!!! we are picking big spicy steamed blue crabs tonight with sides of corn on the cob, sweet pickles and cheddar cheese. Oh and ICY COLD BEER !!!!
C

1.Rolled cheesy egg
2.Green &yellow peppers with soy sauce
3.chicken nugget
4.Skillet Polenta with sun dried tomato&garlic
5.Cooked Kokuho rose rice

I have no clue. After about noon I was on the run all day and it's hotter than the hinges of hell right now. Almost 6 p.m. and it's 93F, with about a gazillion percent humidity. I should have a bowl of ice cubes for dinner with a glass of ice water and ice cream for dessert. No, I think I'll just make room in the refrigerator and crawl in.

Seriously, I really don't know what I'm going to make. One thing for sure, there's a nice icy cold cucumber that's going to be part of whatever I have.

Alfredo with bacon and sun-dried tomatoes, and a salad.

Attachments

• Photo_061909_001.jpg
    Photo_061909_001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 163
Oh, I forgot to add that I went to see my doc today, and he says I can increase my diet as I tolerate it. Still bland and easy to digest but, he said if I did ok with the cornbread and milk (which I did) then I can certainly add other foods such as noodles, rice etc. So for dinner I had egg noodles with butter and parmesan. I know it's not gourmet, but WOW was it good!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!

Are those ravioli or some kind of stuffed pasta? It looks great!!

They're store bought spinach and ricotta tortelloni. It was good, although the sun-dried tomatoes overshadowed the Alfredo a little bit.

i baked chicken wings. used a coating called dixie fry. added lots and lots of black pepper. very tasty. had a bowl of cherry tomatoes with mayo. out of lettuce and didn't feel like a cooked vegs. ice cream later.

Oh, I forgot to add that I went to see my doc today, and he says I can increase my diet as I tolerate it. Still bland and easy to digest but, he said if I did ok with the cornbread and milk (which I did) then I can certainly add other foods such as noodles, rice etc. So for dinner I had egg noodles with butter and parmesan. I know it's not gourmet, but WOW was it good!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!
noodles, butter and cheese sounds great to me!! almost like pastina and eggs which i love. how are you doing otherwise?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom