What's for dinner, Friday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom, wishing your special little guy a very "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".

I had a beautiful ham bone left over from Easter and so tonight I made a big pot of bean soup. My DH always puts a tablespoon of vinegar in his.:ermm:

ok 3rd version of dinner
potato pancakes, i already started so i cant change my mind.

OH MY!
He's FOUR??!!! Wow where does the time go? Hope the dinner tonight went well, BT!

I'm making green chile/chicken chimichangas with avocado & sour cream on top. Putting that with a mexican salad, tortilla chips/salsa etc. yum!

(and chocolate chip cookies are currently in the oven)

ok 3rd version of dinner
potato pancakes, i already started so i cant change my mind.

SuziQ you crack me up!

My Father in law prides himself on his potato pancakes. I remember one time going out to their place (about an hour's drive) to help my MIL with her Christmas baking. She didn't really need HELP, but it was much more fun doing it together and she has this incredible kitchen. While I was there it started to snow something fierce and my car at the time was pretty undependable at best. They didn't want me leaving until it slowed down a bit (which it didn't) and Dad decided that he was going to make potato pancakes. I had never had his before but had heard about them from DH. They are delicious - the trouble is they are also never ending! He just keeps making them and making them and making them. I was totally full and looked out and saw a break in the snow. I decided to leave before it got to late and/or too icy. As I am packing all my baking into my car Dad comes out with a package wrapped in foil. "Here's some more pancakes in case you get stranded....maybe you get hungry again or maybe you can bribe someone to push you! :ROFLMAO: There were over a dozen pancakes in that package!

Anyway, just had to share that tidbit.

I took some stuff out of the freezer, the fridge and of course some bread off the shelf.
A little microwave, a little stovetop and a little grill time.
I am peacefully full :neutral:

Attachments

• 3-28.jpg
    3-28.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 181
We ended up grilling some Italian sausage, red, green and yellow peppers, and onions, and mixing all that with penne and marinara sauce, with toasted baguette slices on the side. And a pitcher of Cosmos to go with the movie we're watching (The King of California).

Happy Birthday to your little guy, BT! Sounds like a great plan :)

Happy birthday to your son BT!

We ended up with Polish sausages and tater tots (don't ask where that combo came from but I think the kids had a hand in it as DW has been sticking to more cardiac friendly things).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom