What's for dinner, Friday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
today is my little buddies birthday, so after i get home from work, he'll unwrap the gifts i bring home and then we're going out to a japanese hibachi steakhouse.

we'll have them sing "haddy dur day, do you", and the whole bit with sparklers and cake.

i can't wait.

i got him his first fishing rod, lures, and a tacklebox, but i'm a little sad that i can't locate the fannie farmer candy shop in rockefeller center. my families' tradition was to wait until dad got home from work. you knew he would be carrying a box of chocolate covered nuts and jellied fruit slices from there. then the party would begin.

oh well, so whatcha eatin' tonight?

Cool BT how old is he? 4-5 right? Happyday to him!
I was actually thinkin about trying your crock-pot pork chops, but it was so nice to have GRILLED food again yesterday, I may throw them out there instead.

today is my little buddies birthday, so after i get home from work, he'll unwrap the gifts i bring home and then we're going out to a japanese hibachi steakhouse.

we'll have them sing "haddy dur day, do you", and the whole bit with sparklers and cake.

i can't wait.

i got him his first fishing rod, lures, and a tacklebox, but i'm a little sad that i can't locate the fannie farmer candy shop in rockefeller center. my families' tradition was to wait until dad got home from work. you knew he would be carrying a box of chocolate covered nuts and jellied fruit slices from there. then the party would begin.

oh well, so whatcha eatin' tonight?
hi Buckster..................
sing happy birthday to your little doll telling him that's all from us please.
so happy you have a tiny guy in your life that you adore as any dad should.
kids are such a blessing aren't they................

our DS#2 has a best friend that is a professional fisherman. he's only 22 but every thing he touches turns to gold, a wonderful kid. anyway, he has completely gotten my little one into the fishing thing too. such a good out for a guy, such a wonderful way to turn off your brain and sit and enjoy the beauty of the day. he got tons from Santa this past Christmas toward that new ambition of his.

for dinner tonight for me, it'll be McCormick and Schmidt and their fish and chips and Caesar salad.

:chef:happy bday to your little buddie-good luck fishing-what do you fish for in Jersey?-fresh or salt water?...I live on the Gulf Coast in the Fla panhandle so we have fresh,'brackish' and salt water fishing available here - the Cobia are 'running' here now.....I put a Boston Butt in the crock-1 small jar cheap apple jelly-fill the jar w/water-1 bay leaf-cook all day...when I get off work tonight; that's when I'll decide to have pork and rice, BBQ pork sandwich or my favorite, pork and sweet potato sandwich-yep-don't ugh till you try it-a cajun pistolette roll, the crock pork and sweet potato that has been baked then 'pattied' and seared w/honey

Tonight I will be making battered pollock, roasted red potatoes, and coleslaw.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY " TO THE SPECIAL 4 YR. OLD !!!!

Last edited:
thanks squzie, lefse, and chef mark.

squzie, he's 4 today. i want him to freeze right here, and never grow up. he's perfect. his love is pure, and his innocence is real.:)

lefse, recently, a couple of co-worker buddies were teasing and kidding around with me, talking about one of my exploits from my wilder days when a new, young guy commented, "man, that must have been the best day of your life!"
without thinking about it for a secong, i replied, "no, that day was when my boy was born. every other day doesn't compare." :)

chef mark, i fish both salt and fresh here, but mostly fresh water. large and smallmouth bass, pickerel, perch, sunnies, catfish, carp.
when my ears feel better, i'm gonna take him out for fluke or bluefish.
i love fishing and crabbing in the gulf. i'm hoping we can get down to sanibel this year.

and the prok and sweet potato sound good! :chef:

Not sure about dinner yet...we just go up and haven't even thought about breakfast...

Happy birthday to your son Bucky!
The love you have for him still makes my heart overflow with joy.

4 is such a cool age, everything is fresh and perfect isn't it? Enjoy your day BT and hug that cutie from the "crazy Canadian lady" who thinks hes adorable.

Ken mentioned sushi and a movie tonight so I'm hopeful that I'll at least get the sushi for supper. I have a HUGE craving for some right now.

If that doesn't look like its going to pan out, I'm going to use up some roast beast and make melts for us all. Mmmmmmmmm. Toast some french bread, melt some butter and put some garlic in there, brust the toast with it, then put slices of roast beef on top (after they've simmered in some broth for a bit), pile on some monterey jack (or pepper jack), stick 'em under the broiler and when they come out, serve with some au jus and a big green salad and call it delicious.

I have no idea what I am making for supper. I am planning to visit my cat Blackie at the animal hospital , so probably make supper after the visit, maybe pierogies .

Last edited:
buckytom, wishing you and your little buddy a great day!

I spent mine pulling weeds, fertilizing, and cleaning gutters. I'm tired.

So tonight

Store bought rotisserie chicken, honey & jalapeno - my favorite
Pasta salad
Asparagus

And for dessert - frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries

i think i changed my mind.
spaghetti night, i've destroyed the kitchen counter stating my seeds for the spring...
I'll be up to elbows in starting soil til the sun goes down.

fried chicken breasts using panko, had such good success with pork chops, going to try on chicken.

jasmine rice, califlower with cheese sauce.

have left over poke cake, shouldn't eat it but oh well!

babe:chef::chef:

Hey BuckyT, happy birthday to that wonderful son of yours! It really is nice to see a Dad cherishing being just that...a dad! Oh, and don't worry too much about the candy, I am sure there are new memories that the two of you will make!

Well, DH is eating at work as usual on Friday's, and as usual lately I am really not hungry - will probably have some more noodles with cheeze whiz later. But I am going all out for the border tonight....got 95 on a tough test yesterday! I have some 1.5 inch pork chops which I am stuffing, searing and baking, along with a baked potato, some fresh buttermilk biscuits and corn on the cob.

That sounds good merstar. I wonder if you really need the vermouth....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom