What's for dinner Friday May 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
burgers from the grill, potato salad and some leftover spinach casserole

then

home made vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce;)

What are you planning?

Turkey breast in the crock pot (remove the crock and put under the broiler to brown)

Mashed taters

Brussel sprouts dressed with evoo and cracked pepper.

I gotta ask this...

has anyone ever had to come back to this thread to see what they said they were making for dinner...:LOL:

That is so funny, Beth. :ROFLMAO: And, yes, I've had to refresh my memory, especially if I posted early in the morning.

I'm going to bread a pork cutlet in panko and brown it up, bake some
Vidalia onions with butter and a bouillon cube, have some broccoli and a couple of lemon cake mix cookies for dessert.

I gotta ask this...

has anyone ever had to come back to this thread to see what they said they were making for dinner...:LOL:
You bet I have, thanks to my kids who often change their minds in mid stream :ROFLMAO:
kades,

George T Stagg Gourmet Bourbon ----
Golden fried Gourmet Chicken Wings ----
Gourmet Butter-Peas...Simmered in Chicken Stock/White Wine ---
Fresh Steamed Broccoli with a Gourmet Lemon Butter Sauce ---
Gourmet Creole Herb Roasted Potatoes ----
Homemade Gourmet Pecan Pralines/Coffee & Chicory ----

Late night snack --- Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn :chef:

Katie, I've seen several mentions of the onions cooked that way and am going to try it.

They are really, really, really good, licia. I'm going to make a bunch so I can put some in the freezer for another time.

I peel them, then use a melonballer to scoop out a well in the stem end. Save the little ball of onion. Then I place the onions, scooped side up, in a baking dish, toss the scooped out pieces in, too. Put a beef bouillon cube in the scooped spot of each onion, along with a pat of butter. Next, pour water to about 1/4-inch into the baking dish. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes to an hour.

These are super with any roast. Yum, yum, yummy!

I gotta ask this...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hero sammies. and i think i will be making another devil's food cake :rolleyes:

George T Stagg Gourmet Bourbon ----
Golden fried Gourmet Chicken Wings ----
Gourmet Butter-Peas...Simmered in Chicken Stock/White Wine ---
Fresh Steamed Broccoli with a Gourmet Lemon Butter Sauce ---
Gourmet Creole Herb Roasted Potatoes ----
Homemade Gourmet Pecan Pralines/Coffee & Chicory ----

Late night snack --- Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn :chef:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

We're having gourmet chicken of some sort ;)

Well, dinner was lunner because it is Dad's birthday and DH is on afternoons. I made all his favourites - BBQ steak, carmelized onions (mushrooms for DH and I), baked potatoes done on the grill, salad and I made a diabetic chocolate cake for dessert. He loved it all!

Don't know what we will have later, we are both stuffed!

Hmm, on second thought, If I jog to Katie's and Uncle Bob's for their meals, I may just even have enough room for Msmofet's devil's food cake!

We are dining with an elderly gentleman who wears a white suit and a black string tie, sports a white goatee and isn't happy unless you lick your fingers after eating his food.

Thanks, Katie, for the instructions for the onions. I bought quite a large bag so I'll do them very soon.
They guy in the white suit doesn't have a good place near us. Sometimes I wish he did, especially if I don't feel like doing the cooking and don't want to eat the only thing dh can cook - eggs in any form.

I know a guy in a white suit w/black string tie!! And we have dinner him quite often on the weekends!
We are going for sushi tonight, mmmm, can't wait!

Made chicken salad with celery,,vidalias,fresh chopped parsley from my garden, toasted chopped walnuts,diced granny smith apples, some tiny pieces of pineapple, added some salt,pepper,mayo, lemon juice,shredded some lettuce and put this on toasted and buttered french rolls, served with some cold cucumber dill soup.
dessert heck no:LOL: 4 kids who can make dessert?
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom